looking for our brother's

Mari's pov

"Sunny where are you!"

"Kel! It's me hero!"

The two of us screamed until our throats were raw but to no avail. We collapsed against the tree in exhaustion.

"Sunny, why don't you answer me" I hugged my legs as worry wrapped around my chest like a snake.

"I can't blame Kel for not answering me. I've been a pretty crappy big brother" hero sighed.

"Crappy big brother how?" I tilted my head.

"You're going to think I'm a jerk" he smiled nervously.

"Try me" I smirked.

He sighed "it was my first time leading the hunt. My family has always put pressure on me to be the perfect son. That kind of pressure was never put on kel so I kinda resented him for that. Sorry I know how terrible that sounds"

"It's fine, go on" I nodded encouragingly.

He nodded with a shaky breath "the hunt.. didn't go well. I made some stupid mistake and lost us our evening meal. Kel tried to confert me after that and I exploded at him. All my pent up frustration just came out. Most of the stuff I said was a blur to me but whatever I said caused kel to run off crying. I never expected I'd make him feel so bad that he'd run away" he buried his face in his hands.

"I'm not much better. I was so focused on having the perfect recital that I toar my brother down to the point that he ran away. I took something that was supposed to be a fun bonding activity and I ruined it" I teared up.

"Seems like we're not so different" he nudged me playfully, causing me to crack a smile. He's pretty sweet for a yokai.

"Mari?" I looked up to see Aubrey "what's wrong? Has sunny not come home"

"You know where he is" I stood up and grabbed her shoulders "please you have to tell me where he is"

"It's important" he stood behind me.

"Hey are you related to that kel kid?" She asked.

"Yes he's my little brother so if you know where he is I'd appreciate you telling us" he smiled charmingly. I'll be honest that look made me want to tell him my deepest secrets!

She folded his arms with a frown "Well I shouldn't be telling you this but he took him to Basil's house"

"That's great, thank you Aubrey" I smiled kindly.

"I appreciate your help human" hero bowed.

"No problem" she smiled awkwardly.

I took off running with hero close behind. Hold on sunny, I'm coming for you!