just in time

Kel's pov

My ear twitched at the sound of screaming. Is that sunny?

"Hero I think something's wrong" I turned to my brother worriedly.

"Yeah me too" hero muttered as he transformed back to his kitsune form "come on let's go"

We burst through the door to find something unbelievable. It was sunny on top of the stairs, pushing his sister to the bottom!

"Mari!" Hero screamed as he slid over in time to catch her "are you ok? Nothing's broken right?"

"I'm fine" she said shakily.

"Mari" sunny stared down shakily, tears brimming "no no what have I done?"

"Sunny!" I rushed upstairs and threw my arms around him "it's okay. Hero caught her. She's not hurt at all. Nothing bad happened so please calm down"

"Kel?" He clung to my shirt before bursting into tears "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry!"

"It's okay sunny. Please don't cry" the two of us sunk to our knees as sunny continued to bawl in my arms. I tried rocking him in an attempt to calm him but it seems to do little good.

I looked over at hero helplessly. He seemed preoccupied with calming a shaken up Mari. His emotions overwhelmed me to the point where I started to cry myself. I don't understand. Why did things have to go so wrong?