Chapter two: First day (part 2)

-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽
"Y/n, we need to head over to the prefect's compartment to get our assignments," Remus pulled y/n out of her thoughts.
    It had felt like only several minutes had gone by but in reality it had been an hour already.
    Y/n had gotten chosen as one of the sixth year prefects this year for the Gryffindors. James was furious at first that his little sister got chosen instead of him but quickly realized that he could use it to his advantage for their pranks this year.
    Y/n put a bookmark in her book and followed Remus to the prefect's compartment. As soon as she walked in, she saw Regulus Black in the corner, sitting alone.
    Remus took off to talk to his prefect friends and y/n knew that she was more than welcome to join him but she decided to go talk to someone new. Make a new friend.
    There was a dark haired girl sitting in the opposite corner than Regulus, reading a book. so y/n thought that was perfect.
    "Hi, I'm y/n Potter," She said as she sat across from the girl.
    The girl turned her head away from the window and looked at y/n.
    "Riley Owen's," she said, emotionless.
    "You're a Ravenclaw, right?" Y/n asked, recalling her being in a few of her classes last year.
    "Yeah. Gryffindor?"
    Y/n nodded.
    "So, are you excited about being a prefect?" Y/n asked her.
    She nodded and looked at the book in my hands.
    "What book are you reading?" She asked.
    I held up the cover for her to see.
    "Anne of Green Gables?" She questioned.
    "Yeah! Have you read it?"
    She nodded again.
    "I'm surprised you're reading that. It's a muggle book,"
    "Uh, yeah, it is," Y/n started putting a guard up, thinking Riley might have been a pureblood supremacist.
    "Oh, sorry. You probably took that the wrong way, I'm a muggle. I just thought muggle books would be above you because you're a pureblood," she explained herself.
    "It's alright," y/n laughed. "My friend Lily introduced me to this book and I actually like it a lot,"
    "Did I hear my name?" Lily appeared out of nowhere.
    "Yeah, we were just bonding over Anne of Green Gables," she explained. "This is Riley, by the way. Riley, this is Lily,"
    "Nice to meet you, Riley. Well I'm supposed to help hand out your partners and your assignments. So here's yours Riley," Lily handed her a piece of paper. "And here's yours, y/n,"
    "Did you get someone good as a partner?" Y/n asked Riley.
    "Uhm, I'm not sure. Someone named Xenophilius Lovegood?" She said.
    "Xen? He's a Ravenclaw in our grade,"
    "Hmm, I've never really talked to anyone from my house," She said. "What about you?"
    y/n looked down at her paper and gasped.
    "This has to be a mistake," She looked over at Regulus but he was alre glaring at her.
    Riley peered over her shoulder and then looked to where y/n was staring.
    "Regulus Black?" She asked.
    "Yes, my mortal enemy," y/n seethed.
    "You have a mortal enemy?" Riley was in shock. "But everyone loves you? I've never heard a bad thing about you?"
    "That's so sweet," y/n smiled at her new friend. "But unfortunately, Regulus, like always, is an exception from ths group,"
    "Alright, can everyone please go find their assigned partner? I want everyone to get to know each other. Y'know, since you'll be spending a lot of time together all year," Lily instructed everyone.
    She had a huge smile on her face. Of course she did, she was with Remus, not her enemy.
    Y/n looked over at the glum looking boy who looked like he had zero intention of getting up.
    She took a deep breath and walked over to her new partner.
    "Hey, partner," she said teasingly.
    "Don't call me that," He glared at her.
    "So...what's your favorite class?" She asked.
    "Why would I tell you that?" He snarked.
    "Because we're bonding," She rolled her eyes. "What do you want to know about me?"
    "I know all I need to about you,"
    "How're things going over here?" An older prefect came over and asked.
    "Just fine. I was actually about to give y/n this present I made her over the summer," Regulus plastered on the fakest smile y/n had ever seen.
    Y/n thought there was no way the prefect would buy it. But he did. He smiled at the two sixth years 'bonding' as Regulus handed y/n a small package.
    The prefect went to go check on the other pairs and y/n looked down at the package in her hand.
    "What the..." she looked at Regulus like he lost his mind.
    "Open it at dinner," he rolled his eyes.
-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽
'Was Regulus Black being nice?' Asked herself.
No.
No he was not.
Y/n found that out at dinner when she took the package out of her robe pocket, having completely forgotten about it.
"What is that, y/n?" Peter asked me.
"It's a gift," She hesitantly undid the green ribbon.
"A gift!?" James immediately took interest. "From who?"
Before she had time to respond, the box exploded with glitter that only seemed to cover her.
"Regulus!" Y/n yelled.
Regulus was in the middle of telling his friends the genius prank he pulled on y/n when he heard you scream his name.
"Dude, she's coming over here," Evan whispered to his friends.
Practically the entire school watched as the sweet, innocent y/n stormed over to the Slytherin table, covered in green and silver glitter.
Regulus smirked at the sight.
"Y/n, what happened to you?" He asked, acting innocently.
"Oh, I think you know exactly what happened," y/n snarled.
She took her hands that were previously behind her back and threw them at Regulus with an evil smirk. Glitter flew from her hands and covered Regulus.
"Why you little-" he stood up but got cut off by y/n.
""Oh no, you're the one who started this. Do not put this on me," She stormed away, most likely to try and get the glitter off.
"Maybe I should prank her again, y'know for revenge," Regulus said as he sat back down, ignoring the glitter.
"Maybe don't," Caius rolled his eyes.
In the Gryffindor dorms, y/n was already plotting her revenge on her least favorite Black brother.
She was not going to let this slide. He had humiliated her on the first day of school, so she would make his whole life hell.
To say everyone was scared of what had happened that day was an understatement. No one, not even James had seen her this mad.
But Regulus was about to see a whole lot of it.
-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽