xiii

It was Kai's ceremony, we had it after eclipse. I sat beside him, along with Neteyam to paint and prepare his body. It was a sad thing to do and I never knew this day would come.

We put him in a big leaf, shaped into a bowl with rose pedals all around him. I kissed his forehead one last time and rubbed his back... just like he did to me.

All the Metkayina were standing in the shallow waters, only going up to their knees.

The sullys had helped me, Jake riding an ilu to pull the leaf, Neytiri and Tuk riding on one ilu, Loak on with spider and Kiri with tiger. Me and Neteyam were painted with white strips all over us.

The scars from the battle definitely showed. We came to a stop as me and Neteyam carried him out of the leaf, rose pedals following behind him.

We both nodded at eachother and dove, pushing Kai down with us. We eventually got to the yellow seaweed as we pushed Kai into it. The yellow seaweed hugged Kai and pulled him down until he was gone.

I could tell Neteyam was crying but we were underwater so it wouldn't show. We went back up to the surface to meet the others.

"You now may go to the spirit tree, where you may meet him once more laying with eywa." Ronald had said.

We nodded as Neteyam sat in front of me on a ilu. We followed the rest of the sullys to the cove of ancestors to arrive to the spirit tree.

Tiger and Spider were playing around with eachother. Loak Kiri and Tuk was riding around on Payakan as Jake and Neytiri came with me and Neteyam.

We all looked at eachother, giving one nod, grabbing our ques and facing the tree. I held Neteyams hand as Neytiri held Jake's.

We connected our ques then I was going into a vision.

I was little again, very tiny and had short hair. I heard laughing as I turned around a tree, to see little Neteyam and little Kai playing together.

They splashed eachother with the water and Kai came running to me.

"You came" he said. Neteyam smiled at me from behind Kai.

"You called big bro" I replied then hugged Kai tighter. My eyes started to tear up.

Kai then pulled away. "Why are you crying?" He asked.

Neteyam was also crying but we couldn't let him see that.

"I'm just so happy to see you, Kai." I said.

I was then pulled from the vision, the same as Neteyam. We looked at eachother, let go of hands and went to the surface.

We called an ilu and started playing with the others. Eventually it was time to go home so we did so.

I walked into my marui pod and it felt so empty and lonely. I looked around and just frowned at the floor.

"Do you think I can accompany you tonight?" I heard a very familiar voice behind me.

"Of course Teyam."

He smiled at the reaction.

He went back to grab his mat and to tell his parents where he will be. He came up almost crying once more. Once when he set down his mat I hugged him.

"I wish I could've spent more time with him." Neteyam said.

"I know I know me too.. me too" I said in a whisper to keep him calm. We stood like that for 5 minutes then my legs started to get tired so I sat down with Neteyam only to figure out that he's asleep.

I let him lay on my shoulder as I laid down as well as I could without waking him.

I then fell asleep to the warmth of his body holding me together.

A/N: I know this seems like a Neteyam x OC ship but I promise it's gonna get to the Aonung parts. Theyre just friends in mourning right now😭🤚🏻

 Theyre just friends in mourning right now😭🤚🏻