viii

First person POV

"There was a rogue ship, tracked somewhere in these islands." One of the scientists explains to dad.

Just then we all fly over to the ship that's taking us. Me and Kai look down then at eachother.

That's a big ass ship. I mouth to Kai and he nodded in agreement.

Tiger held on very tight around my waist, probably scared of falling.

We land and all hop off on a deck, standing in front of two guys.

"Are you the asshole who's coming during my ship." He said.

"That would be me" dad replied smirking only
making the other guys snicker.

They walk us in, explaining what everything does and what they do.

"This is so boring, wanna go somewhere else?" I asked Kai.

"Sure, Tiger spider come on" Kai said. Them following not far behind as we get into an empty room.

"What should we even do?" I ask.

"I don't know.. spider how was the sully family?" Kai asked, I knew he wanted to know more about them.

"Well, Neteyam has been doing training for Olo'eyktan. Loak is very reckless and always gets in trouble, Kiri would help me a lot and you don't know her but their sister Tuk was born and she's a lot like Neteyam." He explains.

"Oh wow, I really want to see them again" Kai said tearing up until he started crying.

I scooted towards him and hugged him. We sat there for about 20 minutes in silence, eventually Kai fell asleep on my lap. I sat there rubbing his head as I talked to Tiger and Spider.

"What's Jake and Neytiri like? I know we're trying to find Jake." I say.

"Well Jake is very hard on the kids and he blames Neteyam for everything because he's the older brother. Then he punishes Loak for his disobeying actions." He says.

"He's very complicated but once when you get to know him he's sweet and caring. Neytiri on the other hand scares me. She doesn't agree with Jake's parenting decisions but she just goes with it. She is sometimes rough and mean but she does have a soft side for the people she loves." 

I was fascinated by how they were, but I understood their dynamic.

We sat there for another 10 minutes when dad called me and Kai for more training. I woke up Kai after he had slept for an hour or so.

He got up and we said our goodbyes to the humans as we followed dad's voice down the hallway.

"I need you two to focus on your training. No making friends with the humans, no goofing off and no playing. You copy?" He said fiercely.

"Lima Charlie" me and Kai say at the same time.

Lima Charlie is a saying that soldiers say instead of loud and clear.

Me and Kai walk down to the training quarters as it is a very big ship, it takes us 10 minutes to even find it.

We walk through and don't see anyone here.. must not be a common place like it is on base.

We look around, amazed at how nice the equipment is.

We start deciding what we start with. Kai chose curls as I chose the pinching bag.

As we each do our thing we start talking to eachother.

"What the fuck is dad's problem." I bring up.

"I have no clue, he seems serious to find Jake tho"

"I feel bad for hunting them down, they're running and we will just keep finding them."

"So what? You got feelings for a sully or something?" He jokes. Only making me punch him in the bicep.

"I don't even know them, much less like them. I don't even know if one of them is my age."

"By the sounds of it, Neteyam could be" he said squinting his eyes and raising his eyebrows.

"Whatever, we're going to war with them. I have no time to fall in love"

"Yeah right" he said rolling his eyes. By the sound of it we were done with the conversation.

A few hours later and we were tired. Just then an alarm went off and we got called, they had killed a tulkun..

 Just then an alarm went off and we got called, they had killed a tulkun