Chapter 52: Trouble Making Trio

Start from the beginning

"I thought we already established that, Red." He mentioned amused.

I rolled my eyes before they landed on his coat. Wait a second. That could work. "Hey, Kid? Can I borrow your coat?"

He then raised his eyebrow in question with a smirk. "Fallen for me already, Red?"

"Nope, no one's earned that position yet, but your coat is large enough to hide me in. I don't particularly want to deal with the marines today, especially in this get up. So, please?" I quirk my head at the end.

His smirk just deepened. "Not yet anyway." He eyed me like he was inspecting a meal, making me inwardly cringle.

On the outside I kept my cool exterior. "You're acting like a creep, my friend."

"You're the one that keeps saying 'friend'. I never said that's all I would settle for." He declared with a resolute tone.

His tone and words stunned me into silence as I looked at the cocky man before me.

"As for your request, the answer is no. I like your current look." He onced me over before he started to walk towards the entrance with a chuckle, leaving me stupefied at his response.

"The longer we wait the more troops there will be." His voice bellowed within the hall as his back faced us. "I think I'll go on ahead. While I'm at it, I'll help you guys out too!" He mentioned waving his hand behind him. He paused. "Consider this my persuasion of you joining my crew, Red." He glanced over once before continuing on his way. "I'll clean things up outside, so don't worry!"

Law and Luffy both took up the challenge with their teeth clenched in irritation, which was an uncommon look for both of them. Well less so Law I suppose, but for Luffy it wasn't often.

The two went to walk, catching up to the taller captain rather quickly. All three of them started to bicker, saying that they would handle the situation on their own and that the others could sit out. In short, they each wanted to show off-err I mean prove themselves.

"cHi chI chi," she squeaked me out of my stunned state, smacking me with her fluffy tail.

I shook my head to regain my bearing, seeing that I was now surrounded by the other Straw Hats.

"Ama!" Nami called, wrapping me in a hug. "I'm so glad you're safe!" She then attempted to hit me on the head, but I avoided her by dissipating into smoke and reappearing on her other side. "Don't ever do that again!" Her attitude changed as she snarled.

I smiled. "Thanks and don't worry. I have no plans to do so again."

"Ama-chan!" The dancing Sanji came over before kneeling in front of me to grab my hand. "I'm so relieved that you're okay!" He smiled up at me with a large grin.

"Thanks for worrying, Sanji." I say, pulling my hand back from the blonde as he got back up.

I turned to my right to see a swordsman next to me. His head was turned to the side and his ears were dusted pink.

"What's with you?" I asked Zoro who refused to look me in the eye.

"N-Nothing!" He insisted, but his behavior was suggesting otherwise.

"CHi chI cHI," she snickered as she jumped over to Zoro's shoulder.

"I doubt his blushing because of my outfit Chi." I shake my head as Zoro starts to rant to the little cloudfox.

She simply jumped back over to my shoulder to avoid the irritated green-haired man.

"Those three are so simple-minded." Nami started to complain about the captains who just left.