Chapter 52: Trouble Making Trio

Începe de la început

"Only for you." He responded in a serious tone.

My deadpan broke as I felt warmth that wasn't coming from the activated flame fruit slowly to my cheeks. "This won't speed up my response, you know?" I say, avoiding direct eye contact.

With a slight chuckle he responds, "I'll take my chances. Gotta steal your heart to get you to join."

I turn away to continue walking up the stairs towards Kid and them. "Best of luck then Law." I said taking a step before paying again to look at him. "Oh and no using your abilities to make it literal, yeah?" I smirk, seeing him freeze in place with a shocked look.

I laugh as I keep making my way up to the top of the stairs. "Chi CHi?" She questioned.

"Yeah, I could do that too, but I've kept it under wraps. You'll see why later. After all, I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise."

She sighed in resignation, knowing that I was implying a future event.

I finished my short trek in my heels up the stairs before coming to a stop in front of Kid and Killer.

"Yo! I haven't introduced you to Chi yet, right?" I pet the cloudfox, chilling on my shoulder. "Chi this is Kid and Killer." I gesture to each in turn.

Killer gave a slight nod in acknowledgement to both Chi and I.

With a slightly angry look, Kid huffed. "Damn it, Red. That was a dumbass move, getting captured like that." He sounded and looked angry, but his eyes showed relief.

I just smiled. "But everything went according to plan. I got the cash I needed to pay Ray-san, so it all worked out."

"Speaking of which, what was that lightshow you pulled off earlier?" He questioned my use of the rumble power when I snagged the cash off the celestial. "I thought you had smoke abilities?" He questioned again.

"I do, but I never said that was all of my abilities." I half-explain with mirth swimming in my eyes as I watch Kid process the new information.

He seemed filled with questions, but he glanced around his surroundings, suppressing his urge to ask.

"I never expected to meet such a big shot here...Dark King Silvers Rayleigh..No doubt about it. What's a legendary man doing in a place like this?" Kid's voice directed to where the intended man could hear.

"On these islands, I'm Ray, the coating craftsman. Don't go calling me that other name. I'm an old soldier now. I just want to live in peace and quiet." The older man replied from his position next to Hachi.

He then returned his attention to Hachi, slightly scolding him for doing dangerous things.

"They have the place completely surrounded, Boss." One of Kid's men whispers into his ear, thanks Rumble fruit for letting me in.

"The marines?" I question tiredly, earning a surprised look from the informer and a curious one from Kid. "What a pain." I mumble, ignoring their looks.

"chI cHi," she nodded in acknowledgement. "ChI CHi?" She questioned, gesturing to my outfit.

"Ah, you're right. This isn't exactly the best outfit to fight in. The length is long enough to trip up, but I don't want to run either. I've got a reputation to uphold." I think aloud with my cloudfox.

"CHi chI chi," she suggests.

"A disguise?" I raise an eyebrow. "That could work, but I don't have anything I could use." I switched my attention from Chi to Kid and his informant who were giving me odd looks.

I give an unamused look. "Just because you can't understand her, don't look at me like I'm crazy."

The informant just raised his hands in surrender and backed off while Kid just smirked his usual smirk.