• Loss of a friend •

- Chapter twelve -

⋅* ‧₊✮‧₊˚ ⋅

• Loss of a friend •

WITH TEARS in his eyes he slowly lets go of Hikaru's hands as he stood up nearly falling back down in the process. His knees felt weak, he felt like he was about to pass out at any giving moment. With an aching heart he reluctantly started walking away from Hikaru's lifeless body. Tears streamed down his face as he gave his best friend one last glance before fully turning around and walking away from him.

Slowly with burry eyes he made his way towards the exit of the cemetery hoping to see Chiyo waiting for him there. His steps were slow and his breaths were heavy. His vision was blurry and he kept on tripping over his own two feet as he slowly made his way.

Seeing her best friend walking out of the cemetery with tears pouring out of his eyes like a waterfall and blood all over him was definitely not something she wanted to see at all. She ran up to the crying boy as he crashed down into her arms, both falling onto the ground knees first. Jiro rested his head on the girls shoulder crying uncontrollably. Chiyo tightly hugged him back having no idea what happened. She looked around expecting to see Hikaru behind Jiro but she didn't. There was no sign of the friend and that's when she knew, knew that he was gone.

Confirming her suspicions Jiro started to speak with chocked sobs. "He- Hikaru...he's gone, he's gone Chiyo and it's all my fault." The boy chocked out as he struggled to breath. Chiyo's heart dropped as tears began to well in her eyes. Their best friend is gone, he's dead. She brought Jiro in an even tighter hug as she cried too. The now duo cried in each other arms at their loss.

What the two didn't see was the familiar blond male walk passed them. He stared at the crying duo knowing fully well what had just happened. His eyes softened at the sight for a split second before going back to his normal blank expression. He walked off taking one last look at the duo before disappearing around the corner.

The duo stayed there in each other's arms crying their hearts out not caring if anybody saw them. Memories of the trio came flooding back into Jiro's mind like wildfire. He remembers the day they all met and became the trio they all knew today, he remembers the first time the three had their first sleepover together. All the sad and happy memories of the trio twisted and twirled in his head as he stayed there on the cold floor holding onto his best friend as he cried his heart out.

The sickening scene of his best friend getting stabbed repeatedly circled in his head over and over again as if it tormenting him. No matter what he did he couldn't get the picture of his best friend blooded lifeless body on the cold grassy floor out of his mind. He brought Chiyo into an even tighter hug as if she would disappear just like Hikaru did.

。˚ ೃ࿔₊

It's been a few days now after Jiro's last game and when he witnessed his best friend getting murdered right in front of him. He looked at himself in the somewhat dusty mirror with an emotionless look on his face. His eyes were dark, much more darker than he remembered they
were before.

He shut his eyes to try and calm down but all that did was make the whole thing even worse than it already was. The scene of Hikaru's lifeless body in his arm flashed into his mind the second he closed his eyes. It was like losing his sister all over again. The same pains he felt then all coming back in one full swing nearly knocking him down as it passed.