Chapter 2: The Arrival of the King

Start from the beginning

"I guess it did Shiryu." the voice of Zarc spoke up as he appeared at Shiryu's side out of seemingly nowhere.

"WHA!" Shiryu cried out in surprise. "Don't do that Zarc!"

"*Laughing* Gomen, gomen." Zarc apologized. "Just couldn't help myself."

"Jerk." Shiryu pouted.

"So, which way do we head?" Zarc asked.

"You tell me Zarc." Shiryu sighs.

Before he could answer, they heard cheers to their left.

"Looks like that way." Shiryu said as he started walking with Zarc floating beside him.

"It's better then nothing I guess." Zarc said. "By the way, now that we're connected, we can also talk to me in you mind."

"Good to know, thanks." Shiryu said.

As the two exit the ally, they are greeted to a duel that is just starting.

"Hope your ready to lose!" Random Duelist 1(R.D.) yelled.

"Bring it on!" R.D.2 yelled back.

"It seems like a duel is taking place." Zarc observed.

"Thanks captain obvious." Shiryu whispered. "As much as I want to watch this, we need to find someone, remember?"

Just before they turned to leave, a voice called out making them look at the shouter.

"Show him who's boss!" a girl shouted.

Looking at who it was had allowed them to see it was the very same girl they were in search of.

"...Found her." Zarc pointed out.

"Well, that was easy." Shiryu said.

Shiryu waited for the duel to get close to the end. When he noticed something, he walked up and stood beside her, but she was too caught up in the duel to notice him.

"Who do you think is gonna win?" Shiryu asked the girl to get her attention.

She looked at Shiryu in surprise since she didn't realize he was there.

"Isn't it obvious?" she stated while pointing at R.D.1 who had just played Polymerization.

"I fuse my Frenzied Panda with my Ryu-Kisin to Fusion Summon level 5: Barox!" R.D.1 announced.

Barox

Star: *****

Atk/Def: 1380/1580

Frenzied Panda + Ryu-Kisin

"Now Barox! Attack!" R.D.1 ordered.

The monster did as told and went to attack.

"See? Told you." the girl said with a smirk on her face.

"I wouldn't be so sure." Shiryu simply said as he watched the field and R.D.2. "The other guy has a plan, which he's about play."

This caused her to look at him in confusion, but before she could ask him, R.D.2 activated a card that caused her quickly look back at the field in surprise.

"I activate the Trap Card Necro Fusion!" R.D.2 announced as the card revealed itself.

Necro Fusion

Trap: Normal

Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, by banishing Fusion Materials listed on it from your GY face-down, but it cannot attack this turn.