Chapter 1: Tragic Origins

Start from the beginning

"Hello! My name is Mana and this right here is my old friend Mahad!" Mana waved.

"Nice to meet you Shiryu." Mahad smiled and greeted.

"Mana and Mahad too? Well isn't this a surprise... to think all of you were thinking the same of my future master here." Mirrojade admitted. 

"Wait future master? What are you talking about Mirrojade?" Shiryu asks confused. 

"Well.....It's better if I tell you the whole story. Be prepared because it's a long one." Zarc sighs. 

Flashback

No POV

"Chaos......" 

That was just one word, to sum up what was happening. The world was at one point at peace, that is until one person went mad with power. This person's name is Zarc and he has become a demon. Zarc was once a benevolent pro-duelist that wanted to bring entertainment by doing tricks whilst dueling. However, one day there was an incident, Zarc had accidently hurt his opponent after landing the final blow in a duel... and the crowd cheered. This would be the start of Zarc's dark downfall as he gave the people what they wanted. More and more duelists became injured and almost killed dueling Zarc, until eventually, Zarc decided EVERYONE would be his opponent. He fused with his duel dragons: Odd-Eyes Dragon, Starving Venom Fusion Dragon, Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, and Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon, thus becoming Supreme King Z-Arc. He started going on a rampage all over the world, killing anyone and destroying anything that got in his way. Anyone who looks at the dragon king would call him nothing but evil.

"What's wrong humans? Didn't you all want a more brutal duel? HAHAHAHA!" Supreme King Z-Arc laughed.

However, what no one knew is that inside of this demon's mind was an entirely different story.

(Stop it you bastard! Leave them alone!) ? demanded.

(Aw what's wrong Zarc? Isn't this what you wanted? To be the strongest? The best?) Supreme King Z-Arc asked.

(NO! You know very well that I never wanted to become the strongest like this!!)" Zarc yelled.

(Well too bad because I did! HAHAHAHA!) Supreme King Z-Arc taunted his prisoner.

(Damn you!) Zarc grunted.

Yes, Zarc had not completely turned evil. It was just his Darkness that took his body for itself while trapping Zarc and his light within.

(You can struggle all you want; it won't change a thing!) Supreme King Z-Arc sneered.

Zarc clenched his fists in frustration; realizing he's unable to do anything to stop the demon he created from killing innocent people.

As much as he hated to admit it, his Darkness was right. He couldn't do anything... at least right now. He realized that all he needed to do was to wait for the right moment. Luckily for Zarc, the right moment was here.

"ZARC!"? yelled.

The beast turned its head to the voice that called out and saw a girl with long maroon and dark red hair.

(Ray?!) Zarc gasped. (What's she doing here?!)

"Well, well. If it isn't little Ray. What do you think you're doing?" Supreme King Z-Arc asked condescendingly as it turned its 'body' to her

"I'm here to stop you Zarc!" Ray answered while deploying her duel disk.

Supreme King Z-Arc looked at her for a few seconds before bursting into laughter.