It didn't take Jasper more than a minute to put two and two together and he was already growling at Ragnar. He strode up to him and she noticed it. Sasha noticed how on purpose Mason let go of his neck when Jasper limped towards Ragnar.

Why?

The reason came unfolding in front of her and rattled her whole existence. Ragnar had his whole foot on Jasper's face and even if Jasper wanted to pull back, he couldn't because Mason was holding his head and shoulder from behind. Pushing his face further as Ragnar stepped on his face.

All the men began to laugh mockingly and Sasha didn't realize that tears were soaking her burning cheeks. Ragnar remained indifferent but Mason looked like he was having the most adrenaline-exciting moment of his life.

Sasha wanted to run up to them but the dead bodies between them were a barrier.

"Stop."

"Please stop."

She shouted but her voice got muffled by the exciting roars of the men...no monsters.

Her hands turned into fists as her eyes diverted towards the crowd of monsters. She glared at them and amidst all of that her eyes fell on someone familiar.

He wasn't roaring like others. He just stood among them, his face dull and his body facing her direction instead of facing the humiliating act that was being rejoiced over by the other men around him.

He quietly stared at her.

Awfully familiar.

He looked young.

Where had she seen him?

Her pupils dilated and her breath got stuck in her throat when she finally realized who he was. One of her guards from the Walton Kingdom. The same young boy who was found dead near the alarming drums. The same boy whose wide and dead eyes were closed by Sasha.

Sasha stared at him with wide eyes and as if he realized that she realized who he was, he passed her a little sad smile while slightly bowing at her.

Her heart burst and tears of unbearable sorrow began to pour out of her eyes.

She was happy to see him alive.

But she wasn't happy to see him among them.

Though, he looked the most sane one in them, the most human looking but to think that he was in one of the strongest troops of the vampire kingdom. He must have done something ruthless that went along with his new identity. He must have killed countless in these two years just to be here, in this troop.

Everyone went silent like night forcing her head to snap back at the humiliating scene but the ground beneath her feet was swept away and she unconsciously stumbled back upon making eye contact with him. He was now facing her.

Measuring her destruction as he eyed her.

Was he also going to step over her face? He said he would never be violent with her but right now he looked like he would cross the limits of violence with her. The only barrier between them was the dead bodies...maybe it wasn't a barrier to him but a path more smooth.

She stepped back, her back bumping against the trunk of the tree.

Her wide throbbing orbs stared at him trampling all those dead bodies as he rode on his stallion towards her ever so slowly. Making sure to step on each one of them that got in his way.

A sob tore through her lips.

She was a pathetic mess in front of so many men. The roar of his men once again reverberated in the area but it sounded hazy to her ears. Her eyes snapped back at Jasper as if begging for help but he had his head low out of humiliation. Blood pouring out of his broken nose and not like he could help her because he still was being held by Mason.