Trial by Fire

Sarah and Valery were standing in the training grounds with their classmates. They saw in the distance a man in a duster rolling barrels and carrying full sandbags, even having a robot set crash barriers at random areas in the middle of a quarter mile track. Their teacher was also there, standing, ignoring the man.

"What is he doing?" One person whispered.

"I don't know. Is that a shotgun?" Another whispered.

"I think he's going to be doing a test of some kind." A third whispered.

"What about the Ceremony and the Guidance Councilor meeting?" Ururaka asked out loud.

"If you want to be heroes, we don't have time for frilly niceties. You've all heard of the reputation for freedoms this school has, it doubles for the instructors. I have some physical tests for you to complete, ones you've done without your quirks, but now, I want you to use them." Aizawa explained as he looked at Class 1-A.

"And what is he doing?" Yaoyorozu asked, pointing over at Courier 6.

"He's doing the last test, just be prepared, he's the unconventional educator." Aizawa stated.

Everyone watched, before Aizawa pulled a ball out.

"Bakugo, how far could you throw in middle school?" He questioned.

"67 meters." Bakugo stated.

"Step in the circle, you can use your quirk, just stay in the circle." Aizawa explained, throwing the ball to Bakugo who caught it and stepped in the circle.

With a wind up, the ball was thrown, with an explosion propelling it i to the sky. As the dust settled, everyone saw the distance on Aizawa's tracker. 705.2 meters. Everyone was now excited, to push themselves with their quirks in this test.

"This is going to be fun!" Kirashima exclaimed.

"Fun you say? You don't plan to spend the next three years having fun? What happened to becoming a hero? You know what? New Rule. Person who comes in last will be instantly expelled." Aizawa stated.

There was a feeling of dread from this without physical augmentation quirks.

"Our freedoms mean we can do that, do as we please. Welcome to the department of heroes. For the next 3 years, you can expect anything easy has been thrown out the window, expect hardships constantly." Aizawa said.

The tests were fairly simple. Everything from sprints, grip tests, sideways jumps, long jumps. Sarah did average, Valery was much the same, maybe a bit higher over all, but nothing exceptional due to not...letting Eclipse out. She was stronger, even faster, tougher even....but also too dangerous, she wouldn't accept these little tests as a challenge, she'd get into a fight, and start at the throat.

Next came the pitching, the benchmark that started, and now, after a throw to infinity, Midoriya was next. Word was he had an power quirk, that busted his limbs.

"Sounds like a shitty power. 'Behold I'll punch this building down! Oh no! My arm is busted!" Misty said, having an arm dangle like a noodle after she threw a punch.

"Perhaps it is something he only recently found out." Nora said.

"It better be good, I want to know what his power is like." Eclipse said, as she spun a knife in her hand.

Midoriya held the ball, he wound up, Sarah and Valery could almost see...lines on his arm forming, as he threw the ball, they vanished.....46 meters. Midoriya looked confused, so did everyone else paying attention.

"I erased your quirk. It defies reason, how did someone like you even make it into this school." He started, his scarf floating around him, along with his hair.