4. Everything is going to be fine soon

Mulai dari awal

His jaw clenched, eyes darkening, and anger seemed ready to explode. Yet, a shift occurred as his gaze moved to his plate, jaw still hard, fist clenching on his fork.

A lovely woman of middle age was seated next to him. Her aura had a soothing effect on the room, which was filled with tension. Her hair, a shade of brown, was elegantly styled in a bun, while her attire consisted of a modest green summer dress. The radiance of her tanned skin was enhanced by the glistening golden light from the chandelier above, giving her an ethereal glow.

However, it was her captivating eyes that drew my greatest fascination.

Her bright green eyes met mine, and I was immediately drawn to them. They were like a book, filled with so many emotions. I could see the pain and sadness behind the gentle facade she put on. It was as if her eyes were a window to her soul, and I could see all the turmoil she was going through. I couldn't tear my gaze away from her, and I felt my heart ache for her.

She stared at me blankly for a moment, and I could see the conflict in her eyes. She seemed torn between anger and sorrow.

I noticed a beautiful young girl sitting beside the older woman. She was absolutely stunning, her long hair cascading down her back in soft waves and her dark green eyes holding a mixture of nervousness and fear.

I couldn't tear my gaze away from her as I tried to study her. She must have noticed my staring, because she met my eyes and a small, shy smile cracked at the corner of her lips. Her beauty was breathtaking, but there was something about her that went beyond her appearance.

As i reached for an apple from the fruit basket, i noticed a young boy sitting across from me. He seemed to be around ten years old, with short nape length hair styled in a manly bun. His light blue eyes caught my attention, but what intrigued me the most was the lack of emotion in them.

It was strange to see a child with such a serious expression. Normally, kids his age were full of joy, happiness, and cheeriness. But this boy's face held a neutral, almost emotionless, gaze. He continued to eat his food quietly, not making a sound or even a smile.

I couldn't help but watch the boy, unsure of what to make of him.

After the long awkward breakfast, everyone dispersed

After the long awkward breakfast, everyone dispersed. I could still feel the tension in the air, heavy and suffocating. I didn't want to be in the same space as him, let alone catch a glimpse of him so I hurriedly left the dining to the kitchen.

The maids were busy clearing the plates so I chose to join them, at least that'd keep me away from him for subsequent amount of time. I could see the fear in their eyes as I approached them.

"Can I help with the dishes?" I asked, trying to sound as casual as possible.

The maids exchanged nervous glances, clearly afraid of what he may do if he found out. But I didn't back down, I was determined to avoid him at all costs. After a few moments of hesitation, they finally agreed and I rolled up my sleeves and got to work.

It wasn't easy trying to wash dishes while constantly checking over my shoulder to make sure he wasn't around. But I managed to finish the dishes in record time.

As I dried my hands, I realized I didn't have anything else to do except paint but I needed to get it from our room. Taking a deep breath, I made my way upstairs, praying that he had already left for work or whatever it was that he does all day.

My hopes were quickly shattered as I heard loud noises coming from our room. My heart sank in fear, as the excruciating scream of a woman rang loudly in the mansion.

"Dad, please leave her alone" I heard a voice sobbing. I hastened my pace towards the room. When I got there, i found the pretty young lady and her brother, in front of the door crying and banging on it.

I didn't need anyone to tell me what was happening, I got a hint already.

"P..please ma, stop him. Please save my mother" the little boy pleaded. My heart fell into a million pieces and I felt my eyes burn. My sadness was soon replaced by fury, and I gathered up the courage to face whatever may happen afterwards.

I asked them to get the security men, and together we broke the door.

The horrific scene in front of me made me see red, I was beyond mad, and without thinking, I grabbed the lamp on the nightstand and flung at him but he was quick to dodge it.

"How dare you?" He growled angrily. He got off from the woman, and with shaky hands, she pulled the covers up her body. He charged towards me and grabbed me by my neck.

Though I felt my breath getting shorter by the second, I was not going to give him that satisfaction.

"I thought Rodolfo claimed he raised you well, what's all these stinky attitude" he barked in my face. I tried to escape his tight grip, but damn, the old man got strength.

"Well, it doesn't matter. That's why I am your husband, I'll teach you some fucking manners, and teach you a lesson you'd never forget" he gritted out. He let me go, and I fell to floor, coughing hard, and trying to catch my breath.

Once I felt fine, I looked up and glared into his eyes.

"Do you worse Pablo, do your fucking worse. I'm not scared of you, I'm the last person you should expect fear from" anger glistened in his eyes, and if he had it his way, I'd be dead by now. But I didn't care, I wasn't going to let him trample on me or my rights, I won't let him abuse this woman again, if it means fighting till my last breath, I won't succumb to Pablo.

He said nothing and left in fury.

"Are you okay?" Moments after he left, the girl came to me. She bent to my level and wrapped her arms around my shoulders, and at that moment the tears rolled down my eyes.

"Everything is going to be fine soon" she whispered. While she held me in her embrace, the little boy held his mother.

 While she held me in her embrace, the little boy held his mother