Chapter 17: Left behind Luck

The man settled into a private area in the Dei governmental library. No one paid the inconspicuous man any mind as it looked like he was writing some long ended business report to the economical department. Wearing a uniform on with lower seniority badges, no one drifted an eye at his tedious task. He stared intently at the holographic screen for an hour, then rubbed his eyes annoyed. That troublesome rebel was such a nuisance to trail when he covered his tracks. This was a game both men toiled with, cat and mouse.

A lady dressed in the same attire sat down next to him and casually watched his progress. She appeared more of his superior checking his work. Marix made no remark at first to address her presence. His mind was focused on cracking the code. The governmental security bypass was a breeze. However, cracking the hacker’s lockout programs was awful! His prey had a password for a password for a password. It was utterly exhausting to unhitch each digital lock.

“Guard has been arguing with the Dei Council. The people are breaking down the political building in rebellion. They’ve also killed council member Toundrie. Any word on where Hydd is?” she inquired blandly, almost in a whisper. No one would guess they weren’t working on the laborious tasks of the department.

The blonde man made a scowl as he finally lifted what he was after. The task had been exhausting but an enjoyable challenge. Soon, security camera footage displayed the Divine Sanction’s guest hallways. The lady stood over him to watch the video images as both studied it carefully. The abductor had disabled the cameras and looped them beforehand. It was obvious the professionalism he used, being ever so aware of each camera placement.

Missing just one in the serving kitchen. The Abductor was seen carrying the delicate form of the Sanction leader in the distant background. He proceeded through the hallway deftly, monitoring each placement of guards all the while. The blonde man silently clicked away a bit at the holographic monitor as the lady commented, “He had this premeditated a long time.”

“Quite obviously,” the man returned as the screen displayed another camera. This time it was recorded access to the transportation center. He scanned the video images looking for something peculiar about the same time it would take if you left from the Council building.

“Left,” the woman murmured in thought. The man made no acknowledgement however studied the spot carefully. The two then matched which trains the Abductor went on by matching train station cameras since he switched them several times until they came to a specific one.

The man groaned slightly as he realized at this point that the footage stopped. On the train prior is when the hacker made his move disabling communications. All camera feeds throughout Dei had fried afterward, not sending anymore data to backup drives he currently was looking in.

Scrunching up his face, he commented at last, “And that’s the end of the trail, heading toward the East wastelands.”

“Do we pursue?” she questioned in thought.

The man shook his head. He knew his prey far too well, “He did not go there for sure. He’s trying to maze his trail. I know he would never do anything but the best for her. If she’s well, he’ll meet up with us. He saw strain in her here.”

The lady laughed abruptly, trying to stop herself, “I’m strained here, and I’m not even being bossed by the Dei bullies.”

He nodded, gently sitting up and saving a backup. Though it was futile to blackmail his annoying enemy with the footage, he still wanted to preserve the evidence of the now chilled case. Other officials hadn’t a clue there was a connection between the hacker and the abduction. He would at least harass Sky from time to time with said information.

Nightmare FantasyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara