Chapter 11: Deep Decision

As Sky and Orionna got back to the railway maintenance area, they were met with several personnel curious as to the commotion. One in particular struck Orionna’s curiosity as he swiftly addressed her while kissing her hand politely in one flourishing motion. He had a soft eloquence to his voice far different than anyone she’d ever met.

“Pleasure to meet you, Divine Sanction Leader of Tribrinka, we discovered you had some commotion down here in the camera’s. I’m head of Cities designs for the Tribrinkian Empire. Be at ease. However, my position is neutral, I promise to declare no wars,” the man spoke, his emerald green eyes were ever focused on her with a calm pensive demeanor.

“How do you know she’s a Sanction leader?” Sky pressed skeptically.

Emotionlessly calm and peaceful, the man waved, “Who couldn’t hear rumors of the shutdown at Sirakui or the raven haired captive. Being a transportation designer, I followed up with various cameras and Estrinka as I go to all the Great Cities. My job requires I follow in detail all current events.”

“What is your name, I’ve never known of a Cities Design leader,” Sky remarked carefully. He didn’t trust the man at all.
The man took out his mobilecom and calmly typed a few things as he showed the screen to Sky. “My name is Aurin Lyc, as you can see all credentials and also completed projects as listed. Some span over ten years ago when I started in my position. I’m originally from Dei if you’re wondering,” Aurin nodded slowly as he slid his hand through his jet black curly hair as he waited patiently.

Sky frowned as he read the screen, and it seemed in order. He didn’t necessarily disagree with the facts, but it was difficult to confirm if he was Deian as Tribrinka lorded over Dei but not to all the everyday governing. He did act like a haughty noble that was for such, Sky didn’t like him in the least.

“Well, we’ve met at least, Ori let’s go now,” Sky shot out. He could feel trouble even if he didn’t see it.

Aurin casually met stride with Orionna however as he implored gracefully, “Actually, why I came was on important business from Hydyn. They wish to meet with you now that they realized you were in Arien. But all in your convenience, I fully understand that you wish to check that all your comrades are well after such an ordeal. I also genuinely wish to be assistance to you in any way.”

Orionna bit her lip as she looked over toward Sky. She did have to, it was true, in order to contact the Great City. He shrugged and informed, “We'll head that way. No escort is required.”

“And if I have no option but to politely follow? I sadly had specific orders, you know,” Aurin winced in a simpering way.

“You wish to subterfuge an Elite’s adamant wishes? What a fool!” Sky drily remarked.

“What am I but a pawn of the Great Cities to be tossed about?” Aurin sourly remarked, “I must be insistent even with a violent brute as yourself. Hydyn and Dei demand it firmly. When you see the president, you’ll see how they boss sharp-tongued me around.”

“What about Tribrinka?” Sky skeptically questioned.

Aurin shrugged lackadaisically, “Who doesn’t Nevar order about on a whim?”

Orionna apprehensive to the others whereabouts, interrupted their dispute, “I left Chaos in a bad spot. I have to make sure she’s okay.”

Both men paused and then agreed. Since Orionna was still learning how to use a hacked mobilecom gifted from Marix, Sky used his own to call over. Orionna listened to the one-sided conversation as Sky grimaced at Aurin.

“Yeah, where are you? The situation stable? I see. Is she alright? Breathing, right? That was a bad call, we’ll meet at the clinic then. I know you’ll watch her thoroughly. Yup. Bye,” Sky chatted with a stern face.