Chapter 20: Final Request

As Chaos drove listening to Hiesu pop music to get Ori excited to return back, Sky sat next to Ori deep in thought. In the end, he sighed, knowing this whole thing wasn’t about him, and he ought to console Ori instead. Though she put up a brave front, her situation was spiraling more out of comfortableness each moment. He leaned back and slid her closer into an embrace. She looked up and smiled as she patted his arm. He took note that she was trembling and leaned his head on hers. He whispered gently, “It’s alot ain’t it? I’m right here. Heavy as I am.”

She jerked, which told him she was laughing gently. He was glad for that. Soon, a little wetness got on his arm, but he didn’t make a fuss. He just kept stroking her raven hair and hiding her face until she felt better. He wanted to talk privately, but she desired to put a brave front before the others. She didn’t ask to be a queen. She was born to it regardless of her own wishes. The sudden responsibility was so abrupt to be handed to her, and to be given such a large empire to handle alone, she couldn’t do it. Sky knew she’d need help and support from Marix and Chaos. He gave his willingly, but as to how much he should display to the general public, he knew not. Certainly, their marriage could never be addressed, but it never would stop him from devoting his being to her with all the passion of his soul.

As they came up to the massive City on the sludge, Chaos drove to the western huge car park just outside of it on solid ground. Orionna marveled how Chaos didn’t lose where it’d be next. The layers of cars seemed never-ending! Orionna wriggled, jittery to be back in Hiesu. Her time at the apartment had been such a happy memory.

“How are the leaders here?” she pondered to Sky hesitantly.

Sky studied her carefully. He knew she was still deeply distressed after seeing Dei. He whispered softly in her ear as he sank unto her, “All three Elites have good associations with Hiesu. Both the Tribrinkians and Hiesuians knew they couldn’t argue against Nevar. Whatever their orders, Hiesu understood it wasn’t the Tribrinkians, Nevar forced the orders. They listen willingly and follow commands dutifully as if a Tribrinkian. I know, however, they’d prefer a Queen then Nevar for sure.
We've been monitoring the Hiesu private lead NICT Line. They’ve posted several debates discussing your messages in Hydyn, whether the possibility of dethroning Nevar feasible and if a Sanction Leader is capable of being able to rule an empire. Tribrinka’s Runlines have been buzzing with secret implied discussions, but no one dares speak it outright. Let’s say all of them are more than open. Supplying information of your Queenship will legitimize your position resolutely. You have much more support here than Dei. Please don’t worry, I won’t put you in an unsafe place.”

Orionna shot him a swift surprise glance as she felt ashamed he could read her nervousness for a moment, then found the feeling ridiculous. He was her husband through and through. She then realized he understood her so well. To ease out of the silliness, she asked, “What in the world does Nict mean?”

He laughed as he explained, “Neutral Intel Communications Transmissions. It’s the most restricted lines of communication within Hiesu. Other than Nevar’s private lines, which is comparable, there is nothing more secure. Even Nevar can’t hack in.”

Sky then felt a vibration on his com as they strolled on the platform between dusty dry land to the Great City on the Sludge. He read it carefully as he shot a look to the other two Elites. Marix seemed unsurprised in the least. He succinctly gestured to Orionna, suggesting Sky address the message he received from Hiesu. Sky put his thumb up as he cleared his throat to chat with her. He placed his com down to her to read as she saw a little eloquent letter.

Mr. Rytin,
From Hiesu’s Guardians of the people,
We bear no hostility whatsoever coming on benevolent terms, but it has been confirmed that your party has just arrived containing the two Divine Sanction leaders. We humbly long to request a visit if they choose to. We’ve seen a warning being made by the Final Judge and desire greatly to know everything we must to ensure our City is meeting the terms of this declared need of repentance. We've not known of the Great One before as Soei and Narias have. Quite frankly, the City has been terrified to fall as Dei has. If the Sanction leaders might meet with us and assess our deficits, we would be eternally grateful. -Awaiting your decision patiently, the Hiesu Guardians and humble citizens of Hiesu-