02

𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗿𝗶𝘂𝗺

❝ 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵?  

"this would be fun."

the scene on the screen unfolds rapidly, capturing the intensity of todoroki and yoarashi's match. the clash of their quirks, the sparks flying, and the strategic maneuvers fill the screen. moments later, the examiner announces the conclusion of the match, declaring todoroki as the victor.

sora, watching the swift resolution, can't hide her disappointment. "well, that was quick," she mutters, her tone reflecting a desire for something more than a mere race of speed. her expectations for a more complex and challenging evaluation are not met, leaving her slightly disillusioned.

the examiner's voice echoes through the room, addressing the gathered students. "each match is different. it could be a pair, a group, or an individual evaluation. after all, in the world of heroes, everything is about adaptability."

as her thoughts drift, the examiner begins to announce the next round of names, ordering who will be tested next. lost in her disappointment, sora doesn't focus on anything around her.

unbeknownst to her, todoroki takes a seat back next to her, but her attention snaps back when her name is called as the fifth participant.

"miyazaki sora, individual test," the examiner declares. a few gasps and whispers ripple through the room, as so far, sora is the only one seemingly unlucky enough to get an individual test. however, instead of feeling nervous, she happily leans back in her chair, excitement glinting in her eyes.

as the room hums with anticipation, a surprising gesture catches sora off guard. todoroki, sitting beside her, breaks the silence with a small but genuine "good luck." his icy exterior momentarily softens, revealing a side of him that sora hadn't expected, or so she thought.

but then, todoroki adds, "you really need it."

sora, taken aback by the less-than-encouraging follow-up, scoffs at his words.