Julissa is trying to be funny.

Mi nah mek she pill bloodclaat me.

"Why all of a sudden she have a problem? Dat nuh seem off to unuh?" I ask, genuinely curious.

"Maybe she thought you were going to make two meals," Samson says, trying to remedy the situation, but failing miserably.

"Are you serious? Jesus, di ooman muss have some golden hold pon you bwoy" I laugh, throwing my head back as I take in his words.

Before he can offer a rebuttal, Julissa steps in.

"It's fine, I'll eat it" she says with a sigh, throwing up her hands, acknowledging that I bested her.

Fucka yuh.

Mommy woulda cuss her good.

"Betta, cause mi woulda neva be named Sarai if mi did guh back in desso again fi cook" I motion my pursed lips towards the kitchen entrance. 

The table falls quiet, no one daring to push the issue any further.

My three guests set in a silent agreement that I was the current outsider, as if we weren't sitting in my home, at my dining table, and eating my food.

Their arrival yesterday added to the stress and the tension that I was already brewing, fortunately, it gave us something new to focus on other than the earlier altercation.

My father was never one with tact, so I wasn't completely surprised when Samir announced his appearance.

His plus one, threw me for a loop.

Still don't know how dem convince mi fi mek dem stay ova yasso enuh...

"Yah hear mi Sarai?"

My father's voice pulls me from my thoughts, and I scramble to recenter my focus.

"No, mi neva did a listen" I admit, placing more food into my mouth, chewing slowly as I savored the meal.

He shakes his head in annoyance, scrunching his lips.

"Why yuh kick yuh sister out?" he questions.

"Because she naave nuh respect"

That's the truth, more or less.

"Lies, come again wid di truth likkle girl"

Sigh...

"She cross a line, and mi kick her out, simple as dat"

Why would I lie about that?

"You should be thanking me seh mi neva kill her, yer? Because in all honesty mi coulda dweet but I choose peace instead"

"Kill her?" Julissa gasps, dropping her utensils on the table.

Can she go home already?

I will personally book her the flight.

Probably even drive di lady to Sangsters.

"Weh yuh mean by dat Sarai? I thought it was just a petty argument" Aunty Michelle questions, and I can tell she's concerned.

I couldn't help but laugh, holding my lower stomach as I gasped for air, struggling to breathe.

Mi a tun inna mad ooman.

Only logical explanation.

"Honestly mi too tired fi guh in detail, if you would like to know the full story you can always ask Sevana"