27 : || The Naming Ceremony ||

Comenzar desde el principio

Because for the fact, she somewhere knew that Arjun or any of his brothers would never ever touch a strand of her hair, in her unconscious state.

Ssomewhere she felt safe with them. Reason not known.

Maybe because they never said to carry out their relationship with her ahead. Or maybe, they never tried to impose themselves over her.

And Panchali could never understand one thing. That being, they were married for a whole four months and her husbands never made her uncomfortable. Neither of them.

They could have simply denied being in a relationship that would not hold any future. But they didn't.

Until now. Obviously no one.

She humiliated them several times, spoke words that hurted them to no end.

On her Pehli Rasoi, she made dishes so spicy that hardly anyone could have it. But they did.

They didn't want any of the family member to think her made food was not eatable. They had every bit of the food she made.

Every time she tried to put them down, they would again rise as if her deeds did not affect them a bit. But she knew, they were hurt.

Just like Arjun carried her to his chamber after she fainted.

He could have left her over there, recalling the way she behaved with him everytime. But he didn't.

Sometimes she felt, they cared for her, they were concerned about her.

Or was that what she only imagined and assumed?

The thought left an unsettling feeling over her cold heart.

What was that? Why was she feeling like that? What was happening with her?

Clearing her thoughts, she entered her office room, and spotted Aryan, who turned towards her with a file.

"How are you feeling now?" Aryan asked her.

She ignored him and sat over her chair, turning on the laptop, which made him frown.

"Panchu, I am asking something. How are you feeling now?" Aryan asked again, making her look at him.

"Why do you care, Aryan? You didn't even think to carry me to my room." Panchali mentioned, making him sigh.

"Why would I when your husbands are there to take care of you?" Aryan replied being uncomfortable suddenly.

"What?" She exclaimed.

"Nothing. It's just that I cannot get into a married couples room abruptly."

He was suddenly getting awkward.

She sighed as her thoughts came back again rushing to her mind.

"You know what Aryan, I can't understand them. I humiliated them so many times, spoke harsh words to them, yet again they never tried to make me uncomfortable." Panchali's words startled Aryan, because Panchali noticed their body language.

"Uh- I think they care for you as much as I do." He mentioned.

"But you are my friend, they aren't."

"Every relationship is based on friendship, Panchu. And moreover they are true gentlemen. They would never try to do anything with you without your permission." He made her understand.

"Or, maybe they started falling for you." Aryan declared nonchalantly making her steep in her posture.

Few seconds passed as silence prevailed around them.

"Pyar naam se nafrat hai mujhe." Her eyes hardened as she barged out leaving behind Aryan and his thoughts.

An agonizing watery laugh slipped from his lips as he looked at the chair she was seated.

"Pyar se nafrat..." He trailed off as he wiped the corner of his eyes.

" He trailed off as he wiped the corner of his eyes

"Are you sure, Arjun?" Bheem exclaimed.

"I am, Bhrata Bheem. She indeed stated that she couldn't remember anything that happened." Arjun once again mentioned.

"But why wouldn't she remember?" Nakul asked.

"Exactly, it's like her memory has been washed from her mind. But how's that even possible?" Sahdev voiced out, making them think and gaze at where she was seated in the ceremonial hall.

The loud chantings of the priests and along with some murmuring was the only thing that was heard throughout the hall.

The Naming Ceremony of the daughter of Bhanumati and Duryodhan was going on two days after she took birth.

Though she was named Arushi but it should have been performed with all the rituals.

"And you're spilling it now Bhrata Arjun?" Nakul deadpanned.

"I know, Nakul, I should have said it earlier but I was myself trying to think clearly. I was trying to join the dots, where I missed but at last I couldn't." Arjun sighed, being disappointed.

"Is there something that we don't know?" Yudhisthir's suspicious question made his brothers look at him with a frown, and then at Panchali, who was looking at the on going ceremony, unaware of their hunt over her personal life.

"Now the mother would whisper the name on the child's ears. If the child smiles, then the name has been accepted." The Royal Priest declared.

Bhanumati then whispered the name on her daughter's ears, as the baby giggled showing her toothless grin, making everyone overjoy and melt iver her cuteness.

While Yudhisthir's question made a knot form in their stomach, thinking so many worst thoughts.

Dear Readers,

I know I know this one was a short one but I was too eager to update next and nothing could be added more.

Tell me how you liked it.

VOTE • COMMENT

Thanking You,
Hiya