Chapter 12

The exchange at the movie theater was long forgotten as things between me and Landon returned to its usual banter.

After my shift ended, I stopped by Olive's place. Hayden was hanging out with his friends and Miles had to work late tonight, so Olive and I decided to hit up a party at some random guy's house and make it a girls night.

Everyone was camped outside, doing what most college kids do at a party. Drink. Dance. Makeout. And like many, find someone who can get them laid.

Of course, Landon was there. He was drunk and in a partying spirit. I rolled my eyes when I saw him looking so frat boyish in his tee-shirt, jeans, and snap back he wore backwards. He annoyed me how well he could pull off the look.

I had every intention of ignoring him, as per usual, but then he called me out in front of everyone. He challenged me to game of beer pong. If it wasn't for all the chanting and cheering from everyone begging me to play, I would have simply walked away.

So I accepted Landon's challenge because how fun would it be to kick his ass in front of everyone here?

"Let's make this game a little interesting, freckles."

"I'm listening."

"We'll do more than just drink. We'll lose an article of clothing as well."

"Hell no. I'm doing that shit."

"Why not? Afraid you'll go viral like your brother?"

My face heated as the people surrounding us oooh-ed and ahhh-ed at Landon's shady blow. I could feel Olive shrink into herself out of embarrassment.

His comment was the reason I changed my mind. I wanted to wipe that stupid ass smirk off his face. "You know what? Let's do it."

The cheering and hollering grew louder. A glint of excitment filled Landon's eyes. He knew exactly what to say to push me over the edge. And now I was probably doing the stupidest thing ever.

Landon was first. He high-fived his friends when the white ping bong ball landed in one of my cups.

I rolled my eyes and picked up the cup to drink the beer inside it. It tasted horrible and I wasn't looking forward to possibly drinking another.

Olive gave me a nervous glance as I removed my left shoe. Then it was my turn. I grinned when the ball went into one of his cups.

Landon chugged the beer and decided to take off his shirt. All of the girls went wild and immediately my eyes rolled.

It was Landon's turn again. He missed that time. It brought a smug smile to my face, especially because right after he missed, I made mine in.

He also chose to take off a shoe. It wasn't his pants like the girls had hoped it would be, but he was stripping nonetheless. I felt like I was going to go deaf in one ear with all their high-pitched squealing.

Landon and I took turns, Landon far more drunk and clotheless than I was by the time we neared the end.

I still had three more cups while he only had two. He wasn't completely naked. He still had his boxers and his baseball cap.

While I still had on my top, pants, and underwear. I'd been strategic in what I'd take off. Little things like jewelry, socks, and the scrunchie in my hair.

I shook my head, feeling the buzz of the alcohol in my system. All I needed was to get those last two cups and I'd win.

I made sure my hand was lined up to my target before watching the ball bounce into his cup. I jumped up and started high-fiving the people around me. Even Olive squealed excitedly.

Landon became frustrated. He only had one cup left. He took off his hat and combed a hand through his hair. And then I blinked and his ball was in.

He gave me a smug smile, his brows raising as if to say, "go ahead, freckles. Get naked."

He didn't think I was going to do it. So I took a deep breath and proved him wrong. I pulled my pastel pink tank top up and over my head and tossed it aside.

I had a white bra underneath, every guy, including Landon's eyes falling to my chest. His blue eyes linger on my chest and that same feeling I got at the movie theater returns.

My cheeks flush with heat when his eyes meet mine. I'm the first to break eye contact, his gaze overwhelming. It's my turn again. For some reason, I'm shaking now. I'm having a hard time focusing with him boring into me the way he is.

I suck in a deep breath, squint my eyes and aim. My reaction is delayed. Even as people cheer, declaring me the winner, it takes me a moment to register that I've won. I beat Landon Avery.

Olive grabs my shoulders, shaking me with excitement. "Harps, you won!"

I smile at her and slowly bring my gaze back to Landon as he saunters over to me. Olive steps out of the way, watching the both of us. "How does it feel knowing I kicked your ass, frat boy?"

I thought Landon would be upset but he's grinning. He takes the hat in his hand and places it on my head- backwards just like he had worn it. He says nothing, his eyes pinned on me as he drops his underwear.

I don't dare look down. Even when I hear the group of girls behind me whispering about how big his dick is. I didn't doubt it. Though I'm sure his ego is still bigger.

"Where do you want me, freckles?"

Instantly I'm brought back to that night in the tub, my hand feverishly bringing me to an orgasm as my mind -unintentionally- filled with thoughts of Landon. "W-what?" I stammer out, suddenly feeling hot and achy.

"You won," he explains. "Which means you get to pick my punishment."

"You're naked in front of over fifty people." And in front of me. Comfortably, I might add. "Is that not enough of a punishment?"

He shrugs his broad shoulders. "Not really." The smirk on his face stretches. "Besides, it's not like I have anything to be ashamed about."

I cross my arms over my chest, eyeing the pool just inches behind him. Then an idea pops into my head. Looking to give him a taste of his own medicine, I say, "Let's change that."

"No," he replies, seeming to catch the menacing sparkle in my eyes. "Harper, do-"

I push him into the pool before he can finish his sentence. But instead of just him falling in, he grabs my wrist and I go down with him.

Fear hits me like a train at full speed, my heart racing. I accidentally inhale the water in a panic and end up choking.

Coughing, I start sinking to the bottom. My arms flail and my legs kick. I'm reliving my nightmare all over again.

Only this time, I black out.