Ambiguous Adoration

I turned towards the door, intending to enter the shop, but it turned out Edward had already opened it.

Both of us stood in the middle of the door, our gazes focused on each other, as if our minds were flying in the same direction.

I buried my face in both hands, trying to contain the overwhelming emotions.

"What should I do, Ed? I feel so messed up," I murmured, unable to cope with it all.

Edward stepped closer to me, his steps filled with tenderness and concern.

"Why is everything so complicated, Ed?"

With a warm heart, he wrapped his arm around my back, offering the support I so desperately needed in these difficult times.

"Forgive me. My help was not enough earlier," he said gently, trying to ease my worries.

I felt his calm breath as he spoke, and my chaotic inner voice began to quieten. His warm touch sent a message that I wasn't alone in this struggle.

I couldn't see Edward's expression, but he might have been releasing a gentle smile. "But I promise from now on, I'll assist you better."

"Thank you, Ed," I said with a hoarse voice, touched by his actions.

He tightened his embrace slightly. "I'm here for you," his voice penetrated my heart like a calming medicine. "We will get through this together."

Finally, he released his embrace when I said, "I will find out more about that female witch. At least that's what I can do."

"Going back to that house is dangerous. You do not know what she could do."

I sighed heavily. "The witch is a murderer, Ed. So, I know enough that my determination is dangerous."

He tilted his head. "How do you know she's a murderer?"

"I found a skull in her house and she said—"

"You talked to her?" he interrupted, surprised by my actions.

"Yes."

He was a bit angry upon finding out, as he's someone who cares deeply for me and feels my emotions. "You say she's dangerous but you talked to her?"

"I'm sorry, Ed. I didn't have a choice."

Rather than continuing his anger like George, he instead asked, "What did she say?"

His behavior made me feel more supported. So I said, "She said she has children named Anneliese, Aveline, and Arthure. And they are three psychopathic siblings still wandering here."

"It seems... those three are the ones who kidnapped Emma," I continued with my assumption.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. They've killed innocent people just to get what they want. So, I need to know their characteristics now. I have to go back to her house."

He put his hand on my shoulder and asserted, "Let me go instead."

I immediately refused, "No! I won't let you go into danger."

"Do you think I'll let you go into danger?" he asked seriously, caring for me more than I did for myself. "Mary, George, and Billy still trust me. I'll talk to them about this. You're allowed to rest, calm your mind."

"I know you need time," he continued gently.

We both stared at each other, understanding that every step we take now holds great significance in facing this difficult situation.