Chapter Thirty-Two

This bar was insufferable.

Heavy cigar smoke permeated the air, the booming laughs of red faced old men nearly drowning out the jazz in the background. Ernst and Felix sat opposite Mathias, deep in discussion about the events of the day. Mathias simply nursed his vodka and sulked in the corner. He didn't want to be here at all, but he knew he had to show his face when the English board of directors had specifically invited them here to celebrate the conclusion of their trip. Where he would usually enjoy mingling with the company officials and putting the fear of God into them, his mind was firmly cemented elsewhere.

Anna's little gasps the other night had been very distracting today. Mathias had suffered through board meetings and schmoozing new clients, all whilst Anna's mewling whimpers swirled in his mind. Even the tour of the brand new warehouse, the part of the itinerary he was most looking forward to, paled in comparison to the image of Anna writhing on that chair.

The chokehold that woman had him in was obscene.

Luckily, he'd managed to pull his focus back enough to get the job done and had then rewarded himself with imagining all the things he and Anna could get up to when he got home.

How he would make it through dinner for Karl's celebration tomorrow, he didn't know. There would be no time for him to fuck his little cuckoo bird beforehand; he'd have to meet them at the restaurant straight from the airport. Maybe he could sneak her into the bathroom at some point. Come inside her and fill her up so that she had to go back out with it dripping down those delicious thighs...

'Mathias?' said a sharp voice, drawing his focus back.

He looked up to be met with Ernst. 'What?'

'We're going through to the snug now. Come on.'

Nodding, Mathias got to his feet, shaking the image of Anna's flushed skin from his mind as he placed his drink on a tray for the waitress to take through. He needed to get a grip on his senses. And fast. He had been right yesterday. If she'd come along on this trip, he'd have been utterly useless. This is something he'd have to get used to. He couldn't spend every waking moment with her, no matter how much he wanted to.

Trailing the large group of men, they made their way towards a huge ornate lounge, sequestered from the other patrons.

Ernst hung back. 'You need to focus, Mathias. People are starting to notice.'

'This is supposed to be the pleasure portion of the evening,' Mathias bit back. 'I don't need to give them my undivided attention.'

'True. But Felix is certainly keeping his eye on it.'

Rolling his eyes, Mathias sighed. 'I shouldn't even need to be on this trip. He's supposed to run Keller Ammunition on his own.'

Eyes narrowed, Ernst surveyed him. 'You always liked it when he'd needed you before. You used to hold it over him. What's changed?' Before Mathias could answer, Ernst scoffed. 'Actually don't tell me. I already know. You've not been the same since you met her.'

'At least use Anna's name, Ernst,' smirked Mathias, slapping him on the back. 'Makes you sound a little less jealous that way.'

Ernst simply glared at him as they took their seats beside Felix in the extravagant array of furnishings in front of the fire place.

Felix watched his son closely, the scrutiny of his gaze wearing holes in Mathias' skin. His eyes were like his mother's; a softer blue. His hair, on the other hand, was identical to Mathias'. Despite their looking relatively similar, Felix had always been slightly softer in the face and physique. There was still no doubting the family connection though. 'You're very quiet this evening.'