The Drink of Death

Start from the beginning

Mareeb took off his topi and sighed. "Omid told me you're still unwell..."

"Hmmmm... Seems like it" Khushboo answered as her voice almost couldn't escape her dried mouth.

"I wish... I had been there for you more" Mareeb sighed as he tried to hold his tears away. Khushboo stroked his dark brown, rain straight hair with a smile on her face.

"I fear you might lose the softness in your fingertips when you run them through my hair" Mareeb whimpered wanting to lay his head in her lap but withstanding the urge to dishonour Khushboo, a young unchaste maiden like that.

"Mareeb... Once your time comes there's no escaping. But I lived a life to the fullest. I've met beautiful people and Balencia someone I know will save us all!" Khushboo exclaimed as her eyes got filled with stone gems that fell from them. Mareeb gathered the courage to gaze upon her again and a sigh of relief escaped his lungs for there was a peace in Khushboo that had never been seen before.

Mareeb stroked her cheek and caught one of the gems falling from her eyes. He wasn't able to resit her beautiful face for if he had more time he would've surely made her his and touched her face over and over again.

(Sniff, sniff) "Balencia is going to do it! I know it! And look!" Khushboo bespoke as she showed Mareeb what was written in her notebook. The young servant boy took the book and started reading the words of the beginning.

"The essence of Balencia... What is this?" He asked her. She smiled closing the book and hugging it into her chest tightly.

"I'm writing about everything from the beginning till now! For surely Balencia will be in the history books in the future!" She proudly exclaimed.

Rehamal turned to Lazarus and walked deeper into the kitchen where she was no longer able to see Khushboo.

"It's devastating watching her wither away" Rehamal sighed as she sat down on her crooked chair that was falling apart like large recurved tusks. She pulled Omid up to her face placing her cherry plump lips on the babies forehead.

"This land is crumbling" Lazarus added walking next to his new interest.

"Yeah but Balencia will put the pieces back together. She is... Wow..." Rehamal admired thinking back to the battle vixen.

"I think you're pretty wow too..." Lazarus confessed as he gazed upon the virdian diamonds of beauty. Her eyes twinkled like the night sky and her touch was one he had started to long for. Rehamal stared at the healing vapour's melanin skin that resembled swirrled caramel in melted chocolate. Surely, Lazarus wasn't from this land.

"Laz... Do you not know where you're from?" The daughter of Yazzir asked the melanin healer. Lazarus came closer to Rehamal as he started stroking Omid's tiny hands.

"I have no memories but I know I'm from Obsidian. Which is why I MUST meet this Jamshar! I know he'll lead us back to our roots!" The melanin man bespoke proudly. Rehamal nodded with a smile creeping on her face, she snickered.

"Jamshar has become a mystery we are all eager to see now!" Lazarus giggled along and once again he was struck by Rehamal's sweet laughter that sounded like a million bells clanging against the melodies of bliss.

"Look...Remi... I'm not one to make false promises and mess around but... The beauty in your soul is one I cannot miss to experience. I would like to marry you soon. Think about it..." Lazarus confessed as his melanin skin danced songs of delight in Rehamal's mind. He had called her by the nickname her Yaba used, yet he didn't know that nickname was taken. Perhaps it was the universe or something more mighty bringing Rehamal a sign.