I Am The Blacksmith Daughter

(Tup, tup, tup) The water dripped before gushing out the tap with extensive force, flooding the sink with the giver to life itself

(Tup, tup, tup) The water dripped before gushing out the tap with extensive force, flooding the sink with the giver to life itself. A pair of strong melanin hands, with leathery skin worn smooth by years of training immersed itself under the running water. They clasped and rubbed against each other like a dancing ribbon, letting the fingers intertwine to make sure every piece of skin was securely washed. The mountainous hands fell to the figures side after closing the tap. The fresh forceful water had now subsided and was trickling down the figures damp fingers, creating droplets of rain on the floor.

Back at the kingdom of Laham, Balencia and Rehamal had arrived by the shore, carrying the battered maiden off the boat.

"Where do we take her?" Rehamal panted, as she tried being a pillar for Khushboo to lean on.

"To the home of the healer" Balencia bespoke, as she watched the blacksmith daughter's eyes widen with the thought of travelling out of the kingdom with the heavy maiden.

"All the way to Armalas?" Rehamal asked exhausted, running her hand across her hair to remove the sticky fringe from her sweaty face. Balencia smilled, amused by her companions distress.

"No, the home of the healer is where the blacksmith's daughter resides" Balencia instigated as she watched Rehamal's face change to relief. But once the words reached her mind, Rehamal started to blush from the touched title she was given to her by one she looked up to. Rehamal's house had become more than a refuge for the wanderers and injured.

Jazera and Lazarus stood by the door as soon as they entered. Jazera grabbed Khushboo and assisted her to a bed. Zikki was there with little Omid, cradling her in his arms whilst Imani was resting in the main room.

Jazera unclothed Khushboo and wrapped her in a warm blanket that had been heating by the fireplace for some time. Out of Khushboo's clothes fell a piece of paper and the weary maiden pointed at it muttering with all the strength she could,

"For Remi..." Rehamal picked up the piece of paper looking rather puzzled, but once she opened it up she recognised the cursive small writing immediately and gasped. She held the letter to her chest as if she was hugging the dearest of memories and escaped to her forging shed. Lazarus had seen the glistening eyes of Rehamal, watching her leave. And Zikki had noticed Lazarus watching his once lover and grunted by the sight.

The proficient herbal vixen held Khushboo's long caramel hair from the nape of her neck and dragged it over the edge of the bed she was lying on. She had prepared a herbal bath and dipped the injured maiden's hair into it.

"This is going to detox her and relax the muscles around her head and face. With all of that distress she needs intense care" Jazera explained as she went over to her body and started feeling different areas. Balencia took over the herbal hair bath, rolling up her balloon sleeves and gently washing Khushboo's hair. The tingling sensation from the spicy mint and thyme make all the nerves in Balencia's hands prick and itch but she contuined taking care of the harmed femme fatale.