Aveline and Remus were following the crowd, when the boy suddenly grabbed her hand and pulled her around the corner.

"What's wrong?" she asked, her eyebrows knitting.

"Are we telling people?" he asked.

she tilted her head and confusion and the her eyes widened in shock.

"Tell people we had sex?!" she hissed, in a low tone, looking around to make sure no one was around to hear. "I mean I'm all for sexual liberation but—"

"No no," Remus shushed with a chuckle. "That we made things official."

"Oh."

"Personally," Remus began, his head tilting. "I think we should wait."

Aveline thought for a moment, biting her lip as she tapped her foot on the ground.

There was no reason they needed to hide their relationship. Half their friends figured they were practically dating, and truthfully Aveline was proud of herself for pulling a guy like Remus Lupin.

Though tonight wasn't about them, it was about James and his quidditch cup and celebrating till the morning sun began to rise. They were certain if they told their friends, the excitement would take away some of the attention from James. So, they decided to wait till a natural opportunity came to be where they could slip in the news.

After they came to agreement the duo headed up to the gryffindor common room, where blasting music could already be heard from outside the room.

They both knew that tonight should be about James, and the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, and didn't want to take the attention with news of their newfound relationship.

As they stepped in they were greeted by the familiar sight of people jumping on the coffee table, drinks in brown bottles already flowing.

An arm grabbed Aveline, pulling her into a dark corner with a harsh fling.

"Ow! Sirius!" she hissed, rubbing her arm in pain. "What was that for?"

Sirius was wearing his usual leather jacket, leaning one shoulder against the wall as he supposed a muggle beer. He was silent— which was odd for him as he eyed her up and down, his eyes narrowed.

The one thing about Sirius Black is that he was rarely ever silent, especially in an environment where the drinks were flowing and energy was buzzing.

"Where were you two just now?" Sirius asked, nodding behind Aveline to Remus who had joined them in the little corner.

sirius had a gift for seeing through people and their lies. Truthfully Aveline didn't know how the boy did it, but behind his don't-give-a-fuck facade there was a very intelligent boy with knack for observation and reading people as if they were wide open books.

It was one of the many reasons Sirius Black would one day make an excellent auror. Though for now, Aveline was cursing the boy in her mind and his insistence on knowing everyone's business.

"hm?" Remus answered, moving to stand behind Aveline so she was stuck between the two boys. "We just walk slow."

In response Sirius took a painfully slow sip of his beer.

"You two are hiding something," he concluded, pointing at them in a very accusing manner. "And this is different then when you guys sneak off to go make out in hallways and think we don't notice."

Sirius paused, eyes boring into Remus. The werewolf boy squirmed, breaking eye contact as he let out a cough.

"Listen Sirius, we are hiding anything. We are just here to celebrate James," Aveline told him. "Isn't that right Remus?"