13. Hurt and Tears

– I don't want to... – I whispered, grabbing Fukase's hand with my trembling ones, causing him to snap out of his light stupor and turn to me, – Fukase... I don't want to... S-save me...

   – Oliver! Come back right now! I won't scold you, let's just talk calmly and quietly! – my brother yelled, noticing that I was holding this "ugly", as he probably thought, guy's hand. Yohi said everything would be alright, that he wouldn't hurt me, but he was shouting this, he was almost hysterical... I couldn't believe him. The light in the house flickered horribly, as if there was some natural disaster causing electrical malfunctions, so I didn't believe his promises.

   Fukase gripped my hand tightly and, turning his back to my house, dragged me along the tracks we had left earlier.

   – Oliver, stop! If you leave – it will only get worse! – my brother yelled for the last time... But I didn't listen... I ran away with Fukase, crying and clinging tightly to him. We went far enough. No more shouting could be heard, only the wind and its whistling.

   – No... no-no, what have I done... – I whimpered, falling into another snowdrift, again dragging Fukase along, – What to do...? What have I done... I'm bad... a bad child...

Fukase slightly lifted me, squatting next to me and hugging me tightly to his chest. It was cold sitting in the snowdrift, but I had no strength to go any further.

   – You're talking nonsense, calm down! Your brother, damn, is traumatized by the past and apparently doesn't want to heal, while you're growing into a healthy boy with your own feelings! – he hugged me tighter, as if trying to stop the flow of my bitter tears, – How about we go back to Piko's? You can stay over at his place tonight, and tomorrow we'll figure out what to do, okay?

   I nodded, and then he helped me get up... We headed to Piko's house, calmly, without rushing. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, holding me tightly, preventing me from collapsing to the floor in the hysteria that was slowly creeping up on me. We didn't walk long, although I wasn't quite sure how much time had passed, as I was in a trance the whole way, just floating in the clouds, only awakened by the doorbell... Piko's door quickly opened, but the owner of the house froze, seeing me in tears.

   – O-Oliver! – he exclaimed, grabbing me by the shoulders, – What happened, why are you crying?!

   – Yohi... – I whispered quietly, gasping for breath through my tears, – He... he came back earlier...

   He hugged me tightly and, of course, let us into the house... We went to the room, and upon entering, Piko immediately turned on all the garlands and the desk lamp, causing Defoko to wake up quickly and she too had to calm me down. Nana continued to sleep soundly, softly snoring, and thank God, I didn't need so many people soothing me.

   – It's not all that bad, I'm sure! – Piko tried to convince me, while Fukase gently embraced me, stroking my head.

   – Everything is very bad... – I murmured, pressing against the redhead's shoulder.

   – Defoko is sure that Yohi wouldn't do anything bad to Oliver, he only wants the best for him, he's just a bit out of it. Oliver doesn't need to be so scared...! – Defoko said, handing me a cup of chamomile tea with ice cubes. I took the cup in my hands, sipped a little, and then pressed back against Fukase.

   – I-I want to sleep... – I whispered, wishing to end this dreadful night as soon as possible.

   – Alright... shall we go? My sister Haku went to a sanitarium for a couple weeks, so her room is empty, so we can spend the night there if you'd feel better alone or... with Fukase...? – Piko suggested, patting me on the shoulder, – What do you want?