🍓Chapter 24 - Peacemaker 🍓

Peacemaker was rudely awoken by a screech and a roar.

Cliff stirred beside him but didn't move. Peacemaker listened, pricking his ears.

"What do you mean?!" A female dragon's voice roared in anger. Peacemaker didn't recognize who it was.

"I sent her here for an education! Not to be kidnapped by who knows what!" The voice became louder.

Starflight, someone Peacemaker knew the voice of very well, started speaking. "I'm sorry, the IceWing messenger couldn't get there earlier, Queen Snowfall. It is in our current priority to be looking for these dragonets."

Peacemaker felt a flicker in his mind, like a candle being lit in his brain. "Queen Snowfall-" he murmured.

Cliff stirred again. "Huh?" He sat up with a long yawn. "Queen Snowfall's here?"

"Yeah. I think it's about Mink. Let's go see." Peacemaker was itching to go outside and see what Snowfall was going to do next.

"Okay-" Cliff grabbed Peacemaker by the talons and soared off the edge of the cliff they rested on.

They ducked as they left the cave. Peacemaker was almost nervous about what he would see.

Dragonets all around poked their heads out of their caves, curiously peering at the commotion.

"I will not leave until Mink is safe!" Snowfall screeched. A hoard of IceWings dressed in armor surrounded her, all equally puzzled.

Clay limped forwards. "Your majesty, that may take longer than we planned. Many dragonets are missing, not just Princess Mink. We're looking into finding them as I speak."

"Check everywhere!" Snowfall ordered.

"We have, your majesty." Clay bowed his head in respect. "Around the mountain, every cave...they're no where to be seen."

Peacemaker felt Cliff's scales brush against his. "She's not leaving until Mink's back?" Cliff asked.

Peacemaker nodded silently, his eyes focused on the IceWing Queen.

"Well I'll find her then, you useless seals!" She hissed, her tail rattling the ground. Peacemaker recalled seeing Mink do that once or twice. He guessed she inherited it from her sister.

Snowfall turned to her guards. "Go, search everywhere. Find her. Now!"

The guards scrambled to leave as quickly as possible, and Snowfall adjusted her crown. "As soon as we find Mink, she isn't coming here anymore. This whole school is a place of disaster and death. I hope you remember the last time we opened this place."

A female SandWing that Peacemaker hadn't noticed stood. "It isn't just your dragonet that's missing. My poor Jackal is gone too."

Snowfall's spikes glittered in the light of the torches. "Mink is an heir! A dragonet fit for a throne! I bet Jackal  isn't royalty."

Peacemaker guessed the SandWing was Jackal's mother. She looked at Snowfall with squinted eyes.

"Oh boy, don't the IceWings have a fun time with you as a queen." She muttered. Snowfall recoiled in shock.

"Say that again, you cold-hearted pile of slush." Snowfall growled, her face turning into a scowl.

Tsunami began to leap in front of the two dragons. "Woah, Woah. Okay. Fennec, I understand Jackal is missing. Queen Snowfall- Mink is also missing. No fighting. Please."

"Not like this school's reputation could go any more down in flames." Snowfall backed off, walking to a corner to sit. A bit of frostbreath escaped her mouth.

Peacemaker looked at his talons. Would Mink ever come back? Did he make a mistake coming here?