🍓Chapter 7 - Peacemaker 🍓

"HEY YOU! YEAH YOU! UP THERE!"

Peacemaker was taken aback by the voice, but flew towards it.

He landed quickly. A NightWing with a little mark near her eye like Moon was smiling at him.

"Can you...?" Peacemaker trailed off.

"Read minds?" The NightWing scoffed. "Nah! But I can tell you what your name is! Peacemaker!"

Peacemaker's frills fluttered. "Are you Fatespeaker? The one Moon told me about?" He asked.

The NightWing nodded. "I am! And I can tell you that you're in..." She paused to look at a scroll.

"The Jade Winglet!"

"Oh." Peacemaker didn't care what Winglet he was in.

"You're cave is...down the hall to the right. Labelled 'Jade 2'." Fatespeaker told him. Peacemaker nodded.

"Who are my Clawmates?" He asked. Fatespeaker shrugged.

"I have no idea." She told him. "sorry."

"It's okay." Peacemaker assured her. "Goodbye, then." He weaved past her and into the Great Hall, as they called it.

SandWings and IceWings mingled like old friends up ahead.

A MudWing was sharing a bird with a HiveWing dragonet.

A SilkWing was being held by the talons, eyes lighting up with joy as a LeafWing flew around the top of the cavern, tugging the SilkWing along.

Peacemaker ducked as what looked like a pineapple was thrown across the cave.

As he slinked to his cave, he saw a dark blue SeaWing. She was scolding whoever had thrown the pineapple.

When he reached the halls, blissful silence crowded Peacemaker.

He walked until he found 'Jade', and bounded forwards into the cave labeled 'Jade 2'.

A little, skinny dark red SkyWing curled on one of the rocky cliffs jutting out of the wall.

Below him, a rack of scrolls and a little desk.

The SkyWing's eyes lit up. His wings fluttered a little and Peacemaker thought he would attack for a minute.

"Sorry, sorry." The SkyWing shook his head as if to clear it. "I'm Cliff."

Peacemaker's jaw dropped. "Like...Like Prince Cliff? Of the SkyWings?"

"Uhm...yeah." Cliff chuckled.

Peacemaker curled his wings in and bowed. How else do you treat a royal?

Cliff looked flustered.

"You...do- you don't have to do...that." he stammered. Peacemaker sat up, embarrassed.

At that moment, a growl sounded. Peacemaker whipped around to see a bright orange SkyWing. She looked...hostile.

"Peril! He's my Clawmate, be nice!" Cliff scolded. The orange SkyWing, Peril, dipped her head and turned.

"Sorry about that. Mom- sorry, Queen Ruby requested me to have a guard here. You can have the bed under mine if you want." Cliff pointed a wing at a mossy, leafy nest.

Peacemaker settled in. "So...what about an icebreaker? Something to get to know eachother?"

Cliff nodded. "That would be nice."

Peacemaker squealed quietly. "Okay, I'll start!"

"Alright." Cliff nodded for Peacemaker to speak.

"Um...what's life in a palace like?" Peacemaker asked. He was genuinely curious.

Cliff shrugged. "I mean...not much different than your life in the NightWing village."

Peacemaker tilted his head at Cliff. "Really?" He muttered, disappointed. Was palace life really as boring as his own?

"Yeah, really." Cliff exhaled. "It's just more stressful."

Peacemaker looked his new friend in the eyes. "Jade Mountain will be better. And if anyone says different, they can go trip over their own tail."