at last

Melissa.

She just felt like a cliche character from a movie with the way she got her memories. But in a way, she couldn't care less because she felt more whole than she'd felt in eight years.

She also knew she'd been kidnapped but at least she knew why and could speculate whom. It was then she realised why she'd always been curious about Karen.

She groaned at the banging she felt in her head.

When she opened her eyes she felt small mercies that she wasn't already in a warehouse, she have wanted to have a word with the script writers.

At the moment, she was in the trunk of a car. But then who did? Why anyone who saw them not wonder why she'd been extracted from an accident site.

"Oh" She muttered when the reason came to her.

If they poised as men of goodwill willing to take her to the hospital.

"Maybe not the trunk or maybe I have a concussion" she thought weakly as the movement of the car lulled her to sleep.

**

When she opened her eyes, she was chained to a bed- She blinked taking in the bright light. She kept her cool because she knew her parents were coming for her and she just needed to stall and keep up the charade of having absolutely no memory of who they were.

She eyed the keys dangled on the wall weakly. She knew that it was taunt on the part of her kidnappers because they wanted her to obviously see a way to escape when they know that she won't get them no matter how she twisted and turned or stretched her legs.

The door opened and in came Karen and Tessa

"Hello Karen" She greeted blankly.

"See, I told you she's different from then" Karen stressed the explanation to her mother.

"I can't believe it. She's smart like that her stupid father of hers. So don't be deceived oh" Tessy said and she glared at her.

She stared at them blankly.

"So, you're the girl that disappeared for years? Do you even know why you're here?" Tessa asked eying her frame. She merely stared at her blankly.

"Maybe she's depressed or something. Oh it must be the accident- pity she's going to die" Tessa tsked.

"Why your house? Of all places to take me why your house?" She asked curiously because she couldn't tell why her aunty would kidnap someone and bring the person to their house.

"Exactly! I asked her the same question!"

"Well, I wasn't thinking of that, I was merely thinking of what we stand to gain. I mean, we were just passing by when we saw the accident that happened. They'd already taken the boy and we offered to take the girl because she's my ex-husband's family and a means to get in his good graces but sadly the accident was too fatal to her that she died on the way there" Tessa explained that Karen was smiling ear to ear.

She rolled her eyes and asked the most cliche question ever as if her life wasn't already a huge cliche pact

"Why Karen? Why kidnap me? You know kidnapping is evil?" She asked.
Karen merry shrugged.

"No hard feelings sweetie but we once lived in money and we want that back. You're merely part of the unfortunate events that comes with the job" Karen said.

She nodded finally understanding the situation. Both mother and daughter had gotten so used to their lifestyle while living in Thomas house that once their usual source was no longer infinite, they were going to do anything to get something but as crafty as they think they were, there was so many holes their plan.

She eyed them amusedly despite her darkening sights and headache. She definitely had a concussion.

"And Clarisse?" She wondered aloud.

"She'd get what's coming to her. Stupid woman have been giving me the slips for the past eight years threatening to confess to the police officers about what happened that night. I know she won't have the guts, eight years and she weeps herself to sleep for having a hand in her father's death. We all know we're going to hell, so I'd rather I go with a bang! After enjoying myself here on earth that is" Tessa answered sitting on the bed and stroking her bloodied cheek.

The stream of blood that had fallen from the side of her head due to the concussion.

A loud knock was heard from probably the entrance door. Karen and Tessy shared a startled almost frightened look.

She was going to give the universe a kick if this chapter of her life ends up being cliche.

A very painful kick.

They scurried off.

She nearly laughed out loud when they did- they were such amateurs at kidnapping leaving her chained to the bed and both rushing to answer the door.

"Atlas, darling what brings you to my home?"

She nearly died of relief.

"Let me in! I know you're holding her! So let me in this very instant!" Atlas yelled.

"Awwn, boohoo. Sweetie, she's going to die today and there's nothing you can do. Smell the dense air? That's cooking gas and the moment I light a match everything goes to flames, including her" Tessy cackled.

She was slowly slipping into unconsciousness. Her body had taken enough hit than it has in a long time- well eight years.

Something by the window startled her but she was slowly loosing her vision and strength.

"I'm here" a voice said nothing like anyone she'd ever met.

"Who are you?" She whispered suspiciously

"I'm from the police and I'm here to rescue you, just listen to me okay? Focus on me" the person said in an attempt to soothe her.

But it was already getting difficult because she was already loosing consciousness. Keys jingled quietly but it wouldn't have been heard over the ruckus happening downstairs. It wasn't long before her wrists were free and limp.

The person carried her bridal style, grunting from the angle with which he had to carry her to the window she came from.

"So I'm going to lower you to the ground through the window and someone down would catch you. It's not the finest of a rescue but it's what we have to substitute for because the house is truly in danger of exploding." The person continued to rant but she listened grasping lightly at consciousness.

Then her feet were lowered first handing mid air. Till someone down grabbed her by her ankle and soon another by her waist before her rescuer her let her hands go.

She grunted when whomever it was at the bottom of the building caught her. She sighed in relief because she was safe.

At last.