Input 6

23|01|16

Just two days and many things have happened. I don't even know where to start from, did I forget to say that a lot of things have happened?- I think I needed to write that more than once.

Let's start from the beginning, hm?

My mom was very ecstatic about the mailer, I'm not too sure I wrote that down in my last input and even if I did, I need to rewrite it again.

But her ecstasy was short-lived when she realized anyone could access my mail even though the mailer had thought I was mom.

The event have come and gone. I didn't get the opportunity to meet with any guests because of the nature of the maid duties that comes with working. Number one of which clearly states that under no circumstances should I be seen by any guests whosoever. I think I broke that rule today- well yesterday since it's almost midnight.

I met five people in total yesterday- since I'm starting from the beginning-

Ebube, Elvis, and mom were discussing something relating to me before I'd walked- more like barged into the kitchen before having a cup of coffee before we- me, Elvis and mom left for church. We'd come back to a perfectly arranged living room. Or better still makeshift ballroom. Where I'd confirmed that all the maids here are either green with jealousy or gossiping like their life depended on it.

In a failed attempt to spy on the guest, I got caught by Dami but rather than scolding, gave me with an instruction for the guards in the controls room- here I learned that Agnes and her husband whom I'm yet to know his name had companies of their own- how he died, I'm yet to find out. He's still a mystery.

It was then I met four people from the controls room and if I remember correctly, Paul, David, Micheal and Justin.

Justin is a butt. A big, very big butt

I later went back to the storeroom where I met the fifth person: Maxwell.

I don't who he is, where he comes from or who he came with. He had stumbled into the storeroom to get a breather and had clearly demanded I make friends with him- well indirectly.

In most novels I've been opportune to read, this is the start to a romantic something. But I don't think it'll ever end up like that. There's just something in me that recognizes him as family than a supposed boyfriend. Just putting him in such trousers is weird- maybe I knew him first

Why? I don't know. Or maybe it's my virgin butt speaking?

Damn. I didn't even get his name- his full name actually. I don't even know Agnes's name- maiden and husband's surname.

I think that's what I should do tomorrow- find the name of Agnes.

Just thinking about it is making me groan- I'm lazy. Damn it.

Back to Maxwell- a boy that barged into my life literally and metaphorically.

I'm a hundred percent sure that I'm going to get into deep problems because of him because I didn't just let him see me, I let him talk to me and gave him my name- ugh, I'm disappointed in me too.

Serious trouble, I can already see Dami stuffing me down the drainage and into the sewers.

Cue to shudder.

Who is he? I can't tell him age from the first meet not to mention how maturity and puberty are making kids to look adultly.

I really hope he comes back, he's the perfect person to interrogate about who I'm surrounded with. I just hope he doesn't get suspicious with the whole questioning plus I need to be careful with him. Looks can be very deceiving.

Who am I kidding? I just need another human my age to interact with. It's not that I don't have people I talk with here. It's just that I need a neutral person.

Sure, I speak with Ada and the others, let's not forget Ebube and Elvis- or Susanna. But Susanna, Elvis and Ebube are partial to me and the kitchen maids are gossips whose tides change with the movement of the winds

Dare I say, those are proverbs common to a Nigerian man or woman. Talking adultly have it's feeling. Pity I have to have to act my age- I don't mean it's a forced something, it's more or less instinctively.

That was totally off point but I think I can cut myself some slack- I did term this book a thought book very specifically.

Anyways, where did I stop? Right, looks can be deceiving. The first question on my list would definitely be who his parents are- who am I kidding? I don't know anybody enough to know whom to avoid and whom not too.

I mean, I could be in the wrong house for crying out loud or asking the wrong questions- oh well, only God knows what tomorrow have install for me because if it doesn't then I have officially hit a wall with no way forward. Till whenever.

-Melly