Accident

Melissa.

"We're here!" Agnes announced. She wasn't startled by her announcement because she'd finished her first e-input and was already aware of her surroundings.

She raised her head to see Olise opening the gate of the house. She didn't meet the man's eyes because she wasn't ready to meet the gaze of anyone just yet.

Once Agnes had parked her car, she got down from it.

She stretched from being in the car for too long before her gaze landed solely on Agnes.

Why? Because she could feel the eyes on her. The maids in yellow were openly looking at her.

"Meet me in my office after you've greeted your grandparents, yeah?" Agnes said before marching inside ignoring the guards who offered to take her bag. One she hadn't noticed before.

"This woman-" She murmured under her breath in exasperation before trudging to meet Elvis round back.

She dragged her feet with a barely noticeable pout as she passed the girls who merely watched her the day Karen and Suliat thought to humiliate her.

One of her most amusing memories.

She said nothing to them, she didn't even look at them as she passed by.

A small smile made its way to her lips when she saw Elvis, well, she can't deceive herself any longer, she missed her grandfather.

"Grandpa" She called tasting the word on her lips.

Elvis raised his head and inhaled sharply and she couldn't determine whether it's because of her presence or the words she uttered.

"Never thought that I'd hear that from you" Elvis said opening his arms for a hug.

'Definitely because I called him grandpa' She thought walking into his arms to receive the hug.

"We just heard that Clarisse is staying with you" Elvis stated. Amusement shone in her eyes

"You mean the woman claiming to be my mother? Yeah, she's staying with us and making the mom and dad very nervous. I wonder why" She answered his unasked question.

"Is she my mother?" She asked him to keep the ruse of obliviousness up.

"She's no mother of yours" Elvis answered sharply.

"T-" She didn't get to start that question when Ebube came over to her and pulled her to a hug.

"Oooh, I've missed you" Ebube gushed.

It seemed like Elvis and Ebube after finding out that she knew whom they were to her, they showed her the affections grandparents show their grandchildren.

She spared a glance at Elvis and was amused to see that he had an expression that told relief. She reeved in the show of affection before Ebube pulled away and said

"Before I gush over you, Agnes demanded I get her her great-granddaughter, so let's go".

She walked beside Ebube head held high and her face and eyes blank even as she heard the whispers.

'I heard she's the madam's great-granddaughter'

'Why did she now work here?'

'Maybe she's a bastard child that's why she was kept a secret'

She gritted her teeth at that last comment but did not bother finding who said that instead she trudged on, following Ebube up the stairs.