‎♡‧₊˚epilogue ‎♡‧₊˚

Follow my Instagram to catch all the updates and the scent and the shadow's posting schedule 🫶🏼

This new version has been a wild ride with mixed reviews

This new version has been a wild ride with mixed reviews. I have loved all of them. Thank you so much for having supported me, ares, and Belle, and keep supporting us in this journey. ♥️

A large lump of bile lodges in my throat as I recognize the pair of Vivier inside the signature box Areston opens. I clench my fists as I feel the searing waves of bitter rage rising within me.

You brought this upon yourself, Juliette. I can hear my mind and heart yelling at me in harmony for the very first time since I entered the ridiculous agreement with Areston. Until now they vehemently refused to move on the same tangent.

From the night we had our first argument in Sardinia, I knew we had no future together. Somehow on a subconscious level I was prepared for a crushing heartbreak looming upon me. But this is far worse.

"I believe this pair belongs to you," he picks one and, with gentle patience, slips it onto my foot.

I made it clear how I felt the last time he tried to give me this pair. Why is he doing this again?

Is he really this insensitive, especially after the intimate moments we have shared where he showed a caring side I didn't know still existed? It feels like a disheartening leap back to his old, infuriating ways.

My heart is pounding so hard in my ears right now. "This is—"

"One of the three original pairs," he finishes, slipping another pair.

Areston De L'Aquila is not just testosterone on legs. He's a walking red flag. It was all a writing on the wall that I chose to unsee. His words and gestures made it easier for my hopelessly romantic heart to keep clinging to the hope that there might be a second chance for us.

Now he has not only crushed that hope, he is also reacquainting me with the side of him that was no less than a nightmare for me. The pre-Greece Areston De L'Aquila who offered me no quarter and circled me like an apex predator until he had me in his clutches.