‎♡‧₊˚eight ‎♡‧₊˚

✧༺♥༻∞

─── 。゚☆: :☆゚ ───

𓆩𓆪 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𓆩𓆪

✧༺♥༻∞

𓆩𓆪 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 @𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐞 𓆩𓆪

"We must speed up on the United Media deal. They might be considering taking the poison pill." There's a grim edge in the tone of the Head of Acquisitions as he tilts his travel mug for a sip of his coffee.

"Impossible," I reply, my black suede Saint Laurent pumps clacking against the concrete ground as I march towards the second tallest commercial skyscraper in Lower Manhattan looming before me. "That'd turn out to be financial suicide for them. Besides, they lack the balls to pull it off."

I pause to admire it, just like I've been doing since I was a starry-eyed child. The facade of several diagonal planes composed of glass curtain walls, each corner of it tilting toward the top that rises like a ribbon in the cloudy sky, is The Rothschild Tower, home and headquarters to The Rothschild Group for the past 20 years and many other high profile corporate behemoths. I always feel wonderstruck and reverential with this legacy's power, prestige, and history.

The Rothschild Group was celebrating its 185th year anniversary when the six-year-old me was first introduced to the organization. Since then, I have been taught to be well-versed with everything this building and my last name stand for. I may have been a little girl when I first came here, but it didn't stop me from dreaming beyond my age. 

As I grew up, it became my deepest blinding desire to come to work here, sheathed in powerful haute couture and sky-high heels, and take the world on my leash just like my mother and Bubbeh have done.

"And what if they develop the balls and go for it?" He asks, making me turn my face in his direction. "We have been their biggest competition for over 30 years. It'll be humiliating for them to be taken over by us, so they'll thwart our every attempt. Even if it means swallowing the pill."

Draped in a perfectly cut and elegant pale gray suit emphasizing his well-muscled and tall body, Rohan Shah is famous in the corporate world and high societies as the man whose glossy good looks and formidable alpha authority turn women weak in the knees. 

The man ages like fine wine and carries himself with a quiet strength and magnetism that commands attention and admiration from those around him. It's too bad he's unavailable to womenkind because he's gay and married to his best friend. He has been in the organization for 15 years, rising through the ranks, and has become my close confidante since I started working here.

"Just chill, will ya? I mean it, Ro. They won't. And even if they do..." All three Cartier's juste un clou and Tiffany's pearl lock bracelet and lock bangle in yellow gold on my wrist clink against one another, the pavé diamonds dazzling in the sun as I lift my hand to put around his arm as we proceed forward together. "We'll have them by those balls if they were to develop them somehow. Poison pills aren't invulnerable." I finish, adding.