‎♡‧₊˚thirty-five ‎♡‧₊˚

"I think I am in love."

"I'll punch your face if you start with that load of crap again, Claire," A grumpy Selene with her slathered in blue face-pack with slices of cucumber over her eyes murmurs while she lays stretched out on a sun lounger under the parasol murmurs.

After an incredible three-day escape from reality, I finally let the workaholic part of me take charge today.

When a call from Arion demanded Areston to be a part of an unavoidable work meeting, I decided to plug in my neglected phone, untouched since my departure from St. Moritz, and check my work mails. I knew Shukura would handle everything—right from informing everyone about my absence to handling something that needs immediate attention so I didn't bother having a phone around.

For once, I really believed that I needed and deserved this break.

However, a certain work concern caught my attention and I couldn't help myself from making a phone call to my mother to address the concern who was surprisingly calm about my sudden disappearance.

"Well, I'm elated you're enjoying a break. Put a lot of sunscreen before you go out. Sun in the Mediterranean can be harsh and spoil your beautiful skin."

That's all she said. It kind of left me aghast that she didn't even bother questioning me who I was with or why I hadn't called her in the last four days. It's so unlike the Jennifer Rothschild I've known. Even my brother was pissed at my reckless disappearance when I FaceTimed him, but she wasn't. Knowing the kind of woman she is, I am certain she has an inkling of where I am and who I am with, and for once, I don't really care.

"What am I missing? Who is she in love with? Who are you in love with, Claire bear?" I query, pouring myself a glass of orange juice.

"The only and only. August De L'Aquila. The man has been ruling my wet dreams, pumpkin," Claire swoons dramatically, adjusting her bikini top. Both of them are sitting right next to each other and yet they're FaceTiming me separately. "It's a crush."

"It's a crash," I scoff, taking the sip of the cool juice. "Jeez, Claire. Calm your tits. When did this even happen?"

The warm breeze of a late May afternoon envelopes me as I step into the enchanting Greek garden tucked away in the sprawling backyard of the kitchen. It's awash with the vibrant colors of spring. Blossoms of white and lavender wisteria hang from pergolas that frame the cobblestone pathways cast dappled shadows on the ground. Olive trees, their silver leaves shimmering, stand sentinel in large terracotta pots. The fragrance of wildflowers, olive groves, and the clean, fresh mountain air mingling with the earthy aroma of freshly turned soil envelop me in a refreshing embrace. It is as if the very essence of the Mediterranean has condensed into this oasis of beauty and serenity.

"Nothing happened," Selene chips in. "She has been shamelessly flirting with him since the day we landed in Sardinia. He's not even interested in her."

"So what?" Claire argues, slapping more sunscreen on her cleavage area. "I'll make him interested in me and we'd have banged by summer. Arion is yours. Areston is off-limits because of pumpkin—"

"Because of me?" I panic.

"Obviously, I can't date your ex. Ew, pumpkin. Look alive!" Claire snaps and I breathe a sigh of relief. Jeez.

Why did I panic? It was kind of obvious what she meant. Ugh, this is what happens when you hide stuff from your best friend.

"So... as I was saying, I need a royal dick in me. August is my only chance so I'm leaving no stone unturned," she continues.

"She has been on nerves about this for four damn days while you've been frolicking away god knows where," Selene is in no mood to let the conversation pass.