xvii

chapter; seventeen

act two; twilight - new moon

DECEMBER

     ELEANOR WAS STILL IN HER FIRST TRIMESTER, AND THAT COMPLETELY STRESSED HER OUT. Miscarriages were common in the first trimester - the first three months. And everybody knew if that slim chance was to occur with Eleanor, it'd only push her completely of the edge.

Eleanor felt like crying, being pregnant did make her feel a bit emotional. At this moment, she was on the sofa, on the verge of a breakdown. The hale twins, Alice and Esme were hunting at the moment, par Esme, she was on a food shop.

This meant Carlisle and Emmett were left with a very emotional Eleanor. "What do we do?" Emmett whispered to Carlisle, receiving a shrug, the man sat besides his daughter and placed a hand on her back, "What's wrong?" The patriarch questioned, and she looked at him with teary eyes.

Wrong question.

Tears ran down the girls cheek, "Carlisle what'd you do!" Emmett was panicked to say the least. "Luca's never gonna know he has a baby, and the baby will never meet his dad or get a little sibling." Eleanor buried her face in her hands, "I mean you still could?" Emmett attempted at consoling her.

"It's not the same, I want him back." Eleanor sniffled, but the tears wouldn't stop. The two were clueless on what to do. Mid-breakdown, Esme came home from her shop, and sped to the trio, "What's happening?" Esme looked down at her daughter, then gave the two boys a pointed look.

"She's upset Luca's never going to meet or know about the baby." Carlisle answered sheepishly, was this 300-year-old man scared of his wife right now? Extremely.

"What'd you say to get her like this?" Esme asked, sitting on the other side of Eleanor, pulling the girl into Esme's chest, and soothed her. "Uhh..." Emmett hesitated, "In all fairness, she was a wreck before she said that." Emmett added, Eleanor looked up at him with teary eyes, "I'm a wreck?" She muttered, and buried her face back into Esme's shoulder.

"You two idiots leave." Esme scolded and pulled a blanket over the frail pregnant human.

It did not get better when the others came home, Emmett got banned from their bedroom for a few days, and berated by Rosalie multiple times. Esme just scolded Carlisle a few times. Safe to say both Emmett and Carlisle were 'in the dog house' the former more than the latter.

Jasper helped get a grip on her emotions, and only if it was okay with Eleanor, he dampened her emotions that were all over the place. He didn't take away all of her sadness, not wanting to remove all of her feelings.

According to Carlisle, the pregnancy was going smoothly, so Rosalie and Alice took it upon themselves to browse a bunch of baby things with Eleanor for when they got closer to the end of the pregnancy. This definitely brightened her mood.