All The Great Things

The feeling of breaking up with Phil sucked.  I don't really get over dramatic about breakups, but this one is way different. I could feel something  in my gut, I don't know if it was the feeling of desolation or the feeling of being reassured.

I've learned from many many events that all good things must come to an end.  And this relationship with Punk was good, but it had to come to an end… I just can't get over the shock that it did.  

In the time that I have been in San Diego, a few friends from the past have contacted me.  And these are friends I would not forget.  One of them was the well-known actor, Bradley Cooper.  I guess stared in one of his movies, and we clicked immediately.  He has been a good friend throughout my breakup and has been there for me while I ate ice cream and watched Lord Of The Rings. 

But now it was dawning on my birthday… I know Priscilla is going to throw a party, it might be a small one or it might be huge. Who knows?   Priscilla and I were at a local diner discussing this party...

"I don't want it to be fancy."  I said.

"Good, cause it wasn't." 

"Can it be just like a normal party at my house… maybe a pool party?"  I asked.  Just as Priscilla was about to answer Bradley came in and sat down next to me.  This diner we were at knows my family well and not many people go to it, so no one would find us here.

"A pool party?"  Bradley asked.

"Yeah, Priscilla needs to throw a party for me…"  I rested my head on my hand.

"I think it should be… a 80's party!"  Priscilla yelled excitedly.  "We could play 80's music and stuff like that…"  I just nodded my head.  I don't really care what kind of party it is.  We ordered milkshakes and then went back to my place.  

Bradley is currently not filming any movie right now, so he is staying with me for the time being. 

"So Alex I was thinking…"  He sat down on the couch and rubbed his hands together.  "That maybe you and I could- umm that I could accompany you to your party?"  He looked up at me with those big blue flashing eyes. I couldn't say no.

"I would love that Bradley."  I smiled and sat next to him.  When I'm with Bradley it kinda takes my mind away from Punk for the moment… We sat and watched TV for a while, then a ad for Wrestlemania pops up, I groaned and stuffed my face into a pillow.

Punk's POV

I just sat in my hotel room staring at the blank walls, hoping that they would rip my mind off the fact the Alex broke up with me.  I stopped hanging out with Karina and asked Mr. McMahon to quit the storyline with her and I.  It just kept reminding me that she was the reason all of this happened in the first place.

I flipped my laptop opened and logged into my email.  I had a few from Wwe and Vince, some from my family and friends, but then there was one from Priscilla.  I clicked on it.  

It was a invite to Alex's birthday party…  It was this Friday at her house in San Diego, it was a 80's pool party?  Alright… Alex must have not really planned this.  On the bottom there was a message from Priscilla to only me.  

You are invited, but don't screw anything up Punk… 

I sighed and deciphered if I wanted to go or not… I really wanted to, but I didn't want to spoil Alex's big night.  Eeeh, what the hell, I'll go.  I pressed 'Going'  and couldn't wait for that party, because am positive I will win Alex back.  

*Friday afternoon… aka: Alex's Party*

Okay, so I just casually walk in… Okay, I can do this.  I was thinking that in my head but I couldn't seem to move my feet off the ground.  I looked ahead of me at all the people going inside Alex's house.  Hey, there's John Cena, and Orton, and even Bryan.  I took a heavy breath and walked across the street to the house. 

I chatted with my fellow wrestlers.  We walked outside were the pool was, it had colored light in it and lights all around so when it got dark, you could still swim.  The music filled the whole house and the outside part.  Since the inside was crammed and hot, I stayed outside, where they were barbecuing and swimming. 

There was a dance floor outside also, people were dancing their asses off to some Michael Jackson.  I saw Priscilla and went up to talk to her.

"Hey.." I said.

"Oh hey Phil, you made it."  She sipped on her martini.

"How have you been?"  I asked.

"Fine, fine… I've been going places with Alex and Bradley.  You know, like family and friends parties…  Alex really likes to dance" 

"Speaking of her… Where is Alex?"  I asked.  Priscilla pointed to the door leading to the outside area.  Alex and Bradley walked outside and saw me.  I'm guessing she told Bradley to let us talk in private because he went the other way.  Alex waled up to me and Priscilla also walked away.

"Hey… I'm glad you made it."  Alex said with a weary voice.

"Me too, I wouldn't miss it."  I reached behind me to my back pocket and grabbed Alex's 'birthday present.'

"You know Phil, I'm sorry I couldn't say this in person, but I think I need time away from you, and the Wwe.  There is so many things I want to do that I haven't got to do."  She said.  I didn't expect her to say that.

"Oh alright, I understand…"

"And there is another thing…"  She glanced over to Bradley on the dance floor.  Alex looked up to me, smiled and walked over to him.  He smiled and then they danced to 'Total Eclipse of The Heart.

'Take you to every party cause all you wanted to do was dance, now my baby is dancing, but she's dancing with another man."

 I tried to hold back tears as I put the black box with a diamond ring inside it, back into my pocket, which was supposed to be Alex's present.  I know it was taking a chance but I felt the need to.

Alex's POV

I started at Punk as he was walking away.  All I could think of was how great it felt to be with him and how remarkable he made me feel.  I thought back to all my great times at Wwe and all of my friends.  I took one final glance at Phil as he was walking away and thought… All the great things are meant to hold onto, and he was one of them.

I was gonna upload this sooner, but as some of you may know My Chemical Romance broke up, so that kinda messed up my whole writing inspiration for a few days ;_; … BUT ANYWAYS, I HOPE YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER!! AND MAY YOU HAVE A HAPPY SPRING BREAK.. if you have spring break...

COMMENT/VOTE :)

xo Alex