Slap

The assistant director, who was directing that portion of the song, noticed her face and chided the choreographer. But he was just an assistant to a newcomer director, so he wasn't really able to say anything to the choreographer, who had connections with several film families. The assistant director then announced a break for a moment.

The director was shooting on other end with Vijay. In the makeup room, Vedha was wiping her tears.

Saanthi,"Avan Kai vendhu poga... Paappa nee azhadhe... Viji thambi varatum... Naan soldren" even Saanthi and Vijay grew closer in these two years. She started calling him thambi instead of sir.

Vedha stopped her, "veanom ka. Yerkanave enakum avarukum aayiram sethu vechi pesuranga... Indha nelamai le neenga poi idhai sonna avar romba kova paduvar... Munkobi vera... Edhuvum solladhinga... Naane samaalichukren... 3 naal dhaane... Song mudinja po poran andha aalu"

The break ended and she resumed shooting. She danced for sometime.

Again the shot was cut halfway and Natrajan came closer to her,"ethanai thedavai ma soldradhu??? Valaichu aadu nu..." He again carassed her rear. She took a step back. He sneered,"indha industry le en Kai padama endha heroine um illa... Neeyum pazhagiko"

She suddenly felt someone's hand on her shoulders. She just looked at the hand without looking at the owner of the hand. It was Viji.

Before she even realised, she noticed the choreographer on the floor with his hand on his cheek.

Vijay was yelling at him, "paathute irukken.. Inga thadavure anga thadavure... Enna nadikka vandhurukangala edhuku vandhurukanga????

Enga pa director???"

The director quickly came next to him.

Vijay continued, "Sir, Ivar dhaan unga padathule paattu pannanuma??? Vera yaarachi panna koodadha??? Ivar dhaan pannanum na sollirunga... Naan velagikiren"

The director panicked for a moment. He wrote the story with Vijay in mind, "Viji sir, neenga velaguradha??? Adhellam veandom. Vera choreographer paathukalam."

Vijay then leaned and looked at Natrajan,"naan pandra endha padathuleiyum unaku velai illa... Ezhundhu po..."

For the whole time, Vijay didn't even look at her. Everyone in the spot was aware that he was extremely angry. The producer also agreed to Vijay's words and changed the choreographer.

As they were waiting for the new choreographer, Vedha went to talk to him. He was surrounded by some fifteen people. Looking herself hesitating to step in, he asked everyone to leave him alone for a moment.

Vedha slowly started, "Viji.."

"Sollu"

"Irundhalum ivlo kovam edhuku???"

He looked at her then. His eyes were showing his anger. She stopped whatever she was going to say.

"Saanthi vandhu sollale na Avan thadavite irundhu iruppan... Nee ninnutte irundhu iruppe le??? Unaku oru aabathu na kooda ennai kupda thonale le unaku???"

The only time that was tough to handle Vijay was when he got angry. She was tensed, "adhu illa Viji... Namma velai le Idhu saadharanam dhaane???"

"Enna saadharanam??? Ponnungale thodradhu saadharanama?? Naan un kitte vandhu irukkena ithanai naal???"

"Illa..."

"Indha maari velai ellam en padathule nadakka koodadhu... Varavanga nimmadhi ah vandhu padam pannitu poganum..

unaku avlo aayiruchi le... En kitte solla unaku idikkudhu.."

She wanted to strangle Saanthi. Vijay scolded her for a few more minutes. His anger wasn't for a wrong reason. She was truly in wrong this time. Being silent to a harassment gives the perpetrator an upper hand. She should have stood for herself.

Vijay looked at her face, "sari innum surukkadhe... Mugam innum chinnadha aayirum... Azhudhu makeup ellam poiruchi paaru. Poi ready aagu... Innike song mudikanum. Inniku veetuku vara late aagum nu unga amma kitte solliru... Ippove time aayiruchi.. song mudichitu dhaan poganum... Producer nammale nambi kaasu potrukar."

She nodded her head like a child and quickly escaped from there. In her makeup room, she was scolding Saanthi.

Saanthi,"naan onnum avare thedi pogale paappa. Thambi eh shoot mudichu vandhu ninnu paathutu irundharu.. rendu moonu cut ponadhum un mugamum maariruchi le??? Adhe paathutu dhaan enna aachi nu kettaru.. kekum bodhu epdi sollama irukradhu nu naan solliten"

"Ennavo ka. Ennai thaan kadanji eduthutaru manushan" Vedha complained.

"Po paappa... Nee paathurukanume... Thambi erangi sevilleiye vittuchi paaru andha master eh oru adi.... Ippo varaikum enaku kaadhule going nu kettute irukku... Andha maari aalungaluku ellam Viji thambi maari aalunga dhaan sari... Avar thirai le mattum illa tharaileiyum hero dhaan"

Vedha smiled and got ready for the shoot.

-----

Vedha remembered how he protected her that day. He was truly her protector. He had even helped her when she bought some lands. Even though she was the educated one, he had more experience towards everything.

Her mother's words truly disturbed her and Vedha also felt herself relying on him more. The gossip also didn't stop. Previously, it was just the people in the set, but now it was everyone in the industry. There were also rumours of them getting married. She was at a point where she had to make a decision.

Next day...

After the director explained the scene, she was alone with Vijay.

Vedha,"Viji, ennai yean thodarndhu unga padathuleiye book pandringa?"

"Naan enga pandren??? Producers pandranga..."

"Nadikadhinga.. enaku theriyum... Producers ellarume unga friends dhaan... Mela Raja Anna dhaan paadhi padam produce eh pandraru"

"Sari... Nee dhaane en kooda padam pandradhu nalla irukku nu sonne... Ippo enna aachi??"

"Enaku vera nadigargalodavum padam pannanum... Different sides eh explore pannanum"

He silently looked at her for a moment. She wasn't able to read his mind.

"Sari ma... Aduthu oru padam irukku le adhu pannitu nee vera aalunga kooda padam Pannu. Ellam un viruppam dhaan... Idhe nee en kitte sollanum nu kooda illa"

She nodded her head and walked away.

Raja came to him and was truly puzzled,"unga rendu peraiyum paathu ungalkulla edho irukku nu naan ithanai naala nenaichitu irundhen... Nee enna andha ponne poga sollite, Viji???"

"Avaluku adhu dhaan veanumna naama enna Panna mudiyum??? Innum oru padathuku dhaane sign pannirukka.. adhuvum maasam 15 naal dhaane shooting... Paathukalam.. Ava enna kekuralo adhe panni kudu.."

Raja thought for a moment. Vijay was an open book when it comes to his personal life. But the only chapter that he could not understand in Vijay's life was Vedha.

Even Saanthi was sad with the news. The only person who was rejoicing with that information was Amudha Valli.

When Vedha reached home after a tiring day, Amudha Valli was running around her.

Amudha Valli,"ippo dhaan amma petche kettu urupadiya velai pannirukka, Vedha... Nethu dhaan Mugilan oda adutha padathoda producer phone panni un dates kedaikuma nu kettaru... Andha Mitcham 15 naal eh Inga kuduthuruvoma???"

Vedha didn't have energy for anything,"edhachi Pannu". She then went upstairs to her room.

She entered her room and laid down on the bed. She looked at the design of the bed. It was also chosen by Vijay when she bought a new house. Most of the things in her room were selected by him as they were abroad and he accompanied her for shopping stuff.

Her nose felt stuffy and tears started rolling down from her eyes.

She then realised the meaning behind her mother's words. If she had received the call a day before, then she had started a fight with her knowingly, so that Vedha could end her contract with Vijay's production company.

But it was too late to worry. She didn't have a face to go back and talk to Vijay.

She could not always rely on him. She was no longer a newcomer and she had a number of quite good movies in her kitty. So she thought that no one would harass her or ask her to adjust.