First Gossip

That day, Vijay didn't have any scenes. But Vedha had scenes to shoot with Srilatha and the yesteryear actor. Raja was also part of the scene.

Once they finished the scene, the ladies retired to their makeup room. At that time, they didn't have the luxuries of the vanity van.

Srilatha was irritated with Vedha on how she had taken her role. Srilatha didn't realise it was her demands which led to Vedha becoming the main heroine. Originally, they were going to kill Vedha's character off and she was supposed to act as Srilatha's sister who had one side love on the hero. However, with the recent changes, they totally removed the sister character and made Vedha as the heroine, yesteryear actor as her brother and Srilatha as her sister-in-law.

Srilatha, "enna Vedha? Shot ellam nalla varudha unga hero sir kooda???"

Vedha noticed her tone, "Adhellam nalla varudhu ka. Avar nalla nadigar"

Srilatha,"ennai akka nu ellam kupdadhe. Naan unnai Vida 5 vayasu dhaan moothava. En market eh neeye gaali panniruve Pola irukke. Unakum vayasu aagum. Gnabagam irukkatum. Appo puriyum en kavalai"

"Naan ellam kalyanam panni settle aagalam nu irukken madam. Vayasu aana aagitu podhu. Aasai patta alavuku padangal pannitu, Azhaga kalyanam pannoma settle aanoma nu irukka poren." That was her genuine answer.

"Ha ha ha ha ha. Adhuku unga amma viduvala??? Avaluku irukka aasai ku unnai Kalyanam enna Kaadhal Panna viduvale ne theriyaleiye" Srilatha's words hurted Vedha.

That was the harsh reality. Her mother had plans for her future. She wanted her to become a great actress. Vedha also loved acting but she had an inkling about their industry. She was a virgin then but could she keep her chastity for the longer run??

She was also irritated with Srilatha. This was the only place where her mother wasn't allowed. But the other actress was destroying her mental peace.

Srilatha rejoiced when she didn't hear anything from Vedha and continued, "Unga amma pandra thollaiyale dhaane Avan kooda ellam irukka veandi irukku unaku?"

Vedha, "Evan kooda?"

"Andha Vijay kooda dhaan"

She was angered then, "neenga romba thappa pesuringa. Rendu perum nadicha odane apdiya??? Camera thaandi avar viral kooda en mela pattadhu illa. Naanum andha maari ponnu illa"

"Ippadi dhaan naanum aarambathule sonnen.

Irundhalum Avan kooda yaaruku dhaan irukka pidikkum?"

"Konjam vaaiye moodringala. Appappa... enna vaai??? Avar thol mattum dhaan karuppu... Aana ungalku manasu pooravum karuppu... Azhukku... Paakuradhu le ellam thappu kandu pidichitu irukkingale. Unga vaai oyaadha??? Ungalku dhaan pidikale nu sollitinga le. Ini avarum naanum epdi nadicha ungalku enna??? Thevai illadha vishayathule romba thalai idringa. Senior nu mariyadhai kudutha, en maanathai seenduradhu illama Inga illave illadha oru nalla manushan peraiyum kedukringa" Her words reached outside and some of the technicians were watching their altercation.

The makeup artists were shocked to see Vedha explode. Vedha was well-mannered in nature. She always kept her head inside books and didn't mind the surroundings. However, Srilatha had truly tested her patience.

Amudha Valli ran inside the makeup room to see her daughter shouting at the senior actress.

"Hey Vedha, kathuradhe niruthu.. ellarum paakuranga. Naalaiku pathirikai le thappu thappa varum de"

Vedha was irritated with her mother. She was the reason Vedha was at this position. Amudha Valli proceeded to ask for forgiveness from Srilatha.

Amudha Valli, "Avaluku andha alavuku arivu illa Sri ma. Mannichurunga. Chinna ponnu dhaane?"

Srilatha wanted to continue but director Rangan entered the room at that time.

He looked at Vedha who was looking haggard. He touched her hair and placed his hand on her head. "Nee poi opposite makeup room le kelambu. Adhaiye use panniko inime".

"Thank you sir" she left quickly.

Amudha Valli wasn't able to talk to her daughter. Vedha also avoided her for the remaining part of the day. She would get heavy scoldings after they reach home. But she wanted a peaceful atmosphere in the sets. Raja also received the news of the things that had happened in the ladies makeup room.

------

Raja quickly reached Vijay's home in the evening.

"Viji Viji.... Unaku enna aachi theriyuma????" He then explained everything to his friend, who was patiently checking the cows in his shed.

Yes. Vijay was still a villager in heart. Along with his bungalows and cars, he also had a wonderful garden and cow shed. He had also bought some agricultural lands near his home town and cultivated rice and plants.

After listening to everything, Vijay still seemed normal.

Raja, "avaluku un Mela ennavo irukku, Viji"

"Ama"

"Appadi vaa vazhiku" Raja smiled.

"Avaluku en mela irukradhuku Peru mariyadhai. Oru saga thozhilali mela irukra mariyadhai. Nee kandadhe kaadhu mooku vechi pesadhe. Modhal le unga mama ve kupdu. Unaku kalyanam pesuvom. Kalyanam aagadhadhu naale dhaan nee ipdi thiriyure" Vijay answered nonchalantly.

Raja left without saying anything. In fact, Raja wanted both of them to end up together. They seemed good together. Their characters seemed warm and pure. They might not have noticed it but he had seen a spark between them. He expected that would electrify the screen when they come together on screen.

-----

Next day, when Vedha reached the makeup room, she noticed Vijay. It was hero makeup room. He was supposed to get ready there.

Vedha, "Good morning, sir. Neenga Inga ready aaguringala??? Naan anga poi ready aaguren"

"Veandom madam. Nethe director sir sonnar le. Ingaye ready aagunga. Dressing room thaniya irukku. Verum muga poochu dhaane??? Indha edathe pagirndhukalam."

She continued, "thanks sir. Indha madam veandome"

Vijay, "appo neengalum sir solladhinga. Ellarum kupdradhu Pola Viji ne kupdunga"

Vedha, "Viji sir, neenga Vedha nu kupdunga. Please Konjam pazhagura varai Viji sir ne soldren. Thirumba vedha madam solladhinga."

He laughed at her words.

After they finished their scenes, he noticed her reading a book.

Vijay started talking to her, "Vedha, book na pidikumo?"

"Illa Viji sir. Naan en degree padichitu irukken. B.A history final year. Evening college dhaan. Aana adhuvum olunga poga mudiyale. Idhuve mutti modhi padichitu irukken.

College sera kaasu kettu dhaan,naan cinemavuke vandhen. Paarunga edho gnabagathule en kadhai ellam sollitu irukken"

Vijay, "Paravale enna irukku?? Neenga padinga". He was impressed with her conviction to study. It seemed that she was forced to act. However, he was mesmerized with her acting skills. She talked to him formally all the time. But during acting, she would totally show a different side. She had innate skills for acting.

Srilatha noticed them talking to each other. She also heard their laughs when she crossed the opposite makeup room. She wanted to use this opportunity to tarnish both their reputations. She wanted to end Vedha's career with her hands. She called her assistant and asked him to pass the news anonymously.

Vedha woke up to her mother screaming the very next day.

Vedha, "yean kaalai leiye kathure???"

Amudha Valli, "indha pathirikai eh padichi paaru. Unnaiyum andha karuppanaiyum eppadi pottu irukkanga paaru"