Signed Vijay's film

Vedha was truly panicking with every passing moment. She had really lost her peace of mind for the past one month. Her mother kept blaming her all day everyday.

Amudha Valli, "hey Vedha Valli, oru 3 padam hit aana udane thimiru vandhurucha???? Ippovum Ella panamum en Kai le dhaan irukku. Naan illama pona nee theruvule dhaan nikkanum. Indha padathuku enna korai??? Ganeshan evlo periya nadigan theriyuma???"

Vedha was not able to keep her mouth shut, "andha aalu vayasu enna en vayasu enna??? Heroine ah nadicha kooda sari.. avar endha ponnaiyum Vida mattaram. Erganave moonu pondati. Avar ponnu vishayathule mosam nu soldranga. Oru thedavai producer veetule pesunappove andha aalu romba orasi orasi pesunaar... Enaku pidikale..."

Amudha Valli thought for a moment. Her daughter wasn't so familiar with the actors. But she recently seemed to know more about her co-stars. The old woman then looked at Vedha's assistant, Saanthi. She started berating her, "idhellam unaku indha Saanthi soldrala??? Oor kadhai kettu vandhu onnuku naala solli tharala??? Kaale odaikren.."

Saanthi denied, "amma... Naan edhuvum paappa kitte sollale ma.."

Vedha,"en mela irukka kovathe yean Saanthi akka kitte kaature??"

Amudha Valli, "appo naan soldradhe olunga Kelu... Indha agreement le sign podu. Unaku 20 vayasu aanadhu enaku dhaan prachanaiya irukku. Illana naane Kai ezhuthu potruppen. Apram, Nadippu na Munna pinna dhaan irukkum. Ellam nee valandhu oru edathe pidikra varaikum. Adhu varaikum poruthu dhaan poganum."

Vedha looked at her disgustingly. Their telephone rang at that moment.

Vedha ran off when she noticed her mother attending the phone.

Amudha Valli, "enga de odure odugaali sirukki??? Enna irundhalum idhule Kai ezhuthu pottu dhaan aaganum...

Ayya... Ungale illanga ya... Inga oruthi eh thittikittu irundhen.

Enna vishayama phone potrukinga???

Apdingala??? Andha thedhi le naanga vera padathuku pesirukkome...

Enna adhe Vida adhigama tharingala????

Saringa ayya nerle vandhu pesurom" she ended the call and looked at Saanthi who was still standing there.

"Po eppavum Pola Ava kaadhule odhu. Producer Murugan office le irundhu padathuku phone vandhuchi. Innum arai mani nerathule poganum nu."

Saanthi quickly went to Vedha's room and told her everything. Vedha wasn't able to believe the things she was hearing.

"Idhu book aana andha Ganeshan padam panna avasiyam illa le???... Sandhosham"

"Paappa, appo kooda indha padam yaaru hero nu theriyaleiye"

Vedha also lost her happiness in a second, "yaaru nu therlaye. Ganeshan Vida mosamana aala irundha enna pandradhu??"

"Baya padadhe paappa. Murugan sir padam le. Epdiyum Viji sir dhaan irukkum"

Vedha smiled this time.

Amudha Valli was initially not interested to sign the film as Vedha was already gossiped with Vijay and she didn't like that person. However, the remuneration was so enticing for her to give up on the offer.

-----

The inaugural function of their film was done. She attended the event in a simple saree while he had attended the event in a white veshti and sattai.

"Enna madam Ooty poringa nu kelvi pattene???"

"Producer sir dhaan Viji ku endha heroine ume nalla illai ma. Nee dhaan nalla irukke nu solli indha padathule book panninanga. Naanum sari edho neenga enaku udhavi ellam pannavar aache nu othukitten"

He smiled at her childish response. These were the moments which reminded him that she was still a child.

"Apram padippu ellam epdi pogudhu??"

"Indha padathoda punniyathule first exam eludhiten. Innum 4... Adhuvum mudichita padippum mudinjudhu"

He nodded his head. Raja leaned near at that moment.

"Un punniyathule nu sollama padathoda punniyathule nu soldra. Enna nu Kelu Viji"

"Dai... Andha ponnu edho padikka aasai padudhu. Adhuku seirom"

"Nee ennamo padippuku seira maari theriyale" he chuckled and moved away.

Vedha felt for a moment that they were making fun of her. However, she shook her head in next moment thinking about Viji's character.

Vedha also noticed one more heroine in the function. Vijay was doing dual roles in the film as elder and younger brother. Vedha was paired with the younger brother while that senior heroine, Lekha, was pairing up with the elder brother. She also noticed how the senior heroine talked with Vijay. They smiled from time to time.

The shooting of the film started soon.

Saanthi, "paappa kettiya??? Namakku thodha first schedule Madras leiye. Adhukulla un paritchai ellam mudinjurum. Adutha rendu schedule Pollachi pakkathuleiyam."

Vedha was also thinking the same. Everything was so matching to her schedule. She didn't ponder on that thought anymore as she wasn't able to come to a conclusion. Part of the reason was how Vijay always acted elusive with her. They shared a few moments here and there but they never touched the line of knowing each other for better.

She had arrived earlier on sets that day. But Vijay was nowhere to be found.

Saanthi understood her and answered, "Viji sir, indha padam illama innoru padamum pandraram paappa. Adhan avar Inga kuduthurukka timing 8.30 le irundhu 4.30. 8.30 ku vandhuduvaru ippo 7.30 dhaane aagudhu. Andha padam night shoot ahm."

Vedha was amused, "unaku Ellam therinju irukku Saanthi ka. Sari amma varanga.." She hushed her assistant.

They stayed calm for the remaining time. Vijay entered the sets by 8.30 as promised. Things started to roll much quicker after his arrival. Before she even noticed, they were on their lunch break. She noticed how Vijay loved to eat with all the technicians.

After break, she had a scene with him. As her mother was sitting next to her all day, she didn't make any efforts to talk to him. If she had to talk, the scene was her only moment.

As they finished the scene, she quickly asked him, "Viji sir, ivlo kashta pattu padam pannanuma enna??? Oru oru padama pannalam illa???"

He smiled and looked at her, "ennai nambi neraiya per irukkanga Vedha"

"Ohhh" she didn't probe further.

He also walked away from there. After they finished the first schedule, the team reached a village next to Pollachi. She was again playing a role of arrogant brat who fights with the elder brother and gets him in trouble. Her character realises her errors after she falls in love with the younger brother who protects his elder brother as well as marry his lady love.

Her accommodation was arranged in a cottage near the village. As she came out of her room, she heard her mother talking to someone.

Amudha Valli, "Idhu varaikum kaappathitinga sir... Iniyum kaappathidunga... En ponnum hero sirum adhigam pesadha maari paathukonga. Enna irundhalum chinna ponnu paarunga. Manasule aasai ah valathutta na Ava edhir kaalame kettu poirum."

"Puriyudhu ma. Ethanai thedavai solluvinga???" it was the voice of the director and he seemed irriated. Vedha understood that her mother was asking the director to keep their interactions minimal. She then realised why he also stayed away from her. She thought that he understood her. She didn't even expect him to ostracise her. Her mood soured in a moment.

The next day's shoot didn't help in any way.