Loved Affairs: Part 5 | BONUS CHAPTER + BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT

Days passed and Lucas had his plan in motion, to have a feeling of not being safe in his home wasn't as fun, he couldn't have Sophia over because he knew she was hiding in plain sight from him. She could strike at any time and that's why his plan to escape to Switzerland and start anew with Sophia.

Lucas is sitting in his car and looking out to his house watching and analysing what could happen if he wasn't in the house. Time passes and still, nothing happens but Lucas doesn't have the time he needs to set his plan in motion and thankfully he and Sophia can flee after her last appointment with Kaya. 

After waiting for hours and the sun began to change direction, Lucas still watching his own house noticed something and that was Kaya walking out of the house. Her Uber arrived and picked her up taking her away.  

Lucas on the other hand started the car and followed the Uber, throughout the city the Uber dropped Kaya at her work office, and she climbed out and walked into the building whilst Lucas parked his car on the other side of the road watching up at the windows of her workplace. The blinds close the outside world from the inside world.

He waited knowing his plan would work, fleeing the scene and off to Switzerland for a new life and destinies. Lucas didn't worry about a thing he knew Kaya could look after herself and Alex but Alex wasn't here now and not saying goodbye made a gut punch in Lucas's stomach.

He doesn't want to leave but he now has someone he truly loves and appreciates for being who he is, he needs to keep it a secret that Kaya was his wife and that Sophia was his fling. There is nothing he can't do besides lie about his life, if that's what fate wanted then that is what he will do to keep it at peace.

Minutes went by and Lucas thought of the things he and Sophia would do, Switzerland wasn't far from Greece but it was just right to be away from the toxic environment. Thinking about the future a knock on the window of the car startled Lucas in his spot.

It was Sophia, he rolled down the window and looked at her, "What are you doing here?" She asks and adds, "I thought I was meeting you at your house?"

Lucas replied, "Yeah, I thought why not meet you here, we can get your bags and we can go, our flight is in a few hours, doesnt hurt if we're going to be early would it?"

"True, but..." Sophia couldn't find the words and stopped her sentence, she sighed and rolled her knowing he was right. She left him be and entered the building. The doors closed and that was the last time Lucas saw his fling, his soulmate... his life.

A few minutes later Lucas saw Kaya peeking from the blinds at him. She nodded her head and Lucas noticed the sounds of an ambulance and police cars.

His eyes looked at his wife, knowing she had done something to Sophia, but as he knew her she would blame it on her illness. A few hours later the murder scene was thoroughly inspected and Sophia's body was taken in.

After a few minutes, Lucas drove back to the house and waited, the feeling of his plan to go south wasn't as fun as he had hoped, his second life was taken away from him without a warning without any chance of saving her, Kaya knew what she was doing and thus made ger dangerous... for anyone around her.

The hours passed and the sun set revealing the moon from its sleeping pattern. Lucas sat on the couch and heard Kaya walking into the room. They had their conversation, and Kaya offered coffee as if Lucas was her guest.

As they fought and the rest lay in the books of history, Lucas took a sip of the coffee and noticed his vision began to blur and his throat began to tighten up making him struggle to breathe. He looked around and saw the Xanax pills and rat poison.

She didn't commit to murder his fling she just played the long game, he knew this would come and thankfully Alex was safe. But as Lucas took to the ground and felt his life being taken away he smothered in his own home and there were no handprints or anything to make Kaya look suspicious.

Lucas dropped dead and that was the last thing he knew was that he wouldn't live to see his son grow up, and have a life with his beloved soulmate. Nothing of this would become true.

Kaya played the long game, she twisted the game into making her the overall winner, she manipulated many on her path and had advantages many lost.

The End

Author's Note:

I'm incredibly grateful for the overwhelming support for this book! Huge thanks to those who've joined me on this journey from January of last year up to New Year's Day. ❤️

Book Announcement:

The moment you've been anticipating is here. Let's dive into the release date and upcoming projects:  Break Point's sequel is in the works, and we're excited to announce the new Romance/Drama, 'Fault Line,' arriving on January 10, 2024. Additionally, stay tuned for the 'Fallen Point' sequel, slated for later in 2024/2025.