The Devil On All Times

Looking at her phone the message she found by an unknown number in her messenger, she asks the only three people she allowed on messenger and she got an answer, and yes it was the least expected- Karina. Her ex-best friend which she lost due to her selfishness. Should she reply? Should she even look at the message? “Fuck.'' She thought her emotions aren't stable enough to even notice what the message has to say but she can't leave Karina unread after what she did but that makes her feel weak and unstable, maybe she is, maybe she isn't.

Kaya grabs her phone off the bedside table and opens her phone, she taps on the messenger app and opens Karina message and reads, “Hey its me Karina I am not here to chit chat we need to talk, since you ruined our fucking friendship weeks ago my life was fucked, but anyway we need to talk about you and your husband ever since you ran away from your fucking problems your husband left me something you need to see, meet me at our usual spot, Friday.”

“Well that is a way to force someone into something.” Kaya thought to herself. She needs to do something tomorrow is Wednesday, her last so-called shift for Paid Maids. She sighs and sits back on the bed. Her last day of spying on her husband but hopefully she can use the letter to find his companion in crime, his pretty devil, his sex toy. She can be named anything that comes to mind but one thing is… is that she must go!

Wednesday

Her next work shift, her final shift begins. She went off with her work swiftly fold, pack, repeat. Scrub ,dry , repeat. Vacuum, dust, repeat. Everything a normal maid or mother would do to keep the house neat and clean. But this can't be her forever thing running away from her problems and not facing her demons isn't what Kaya stands for but things must come to an end one way or another.

Kaya placed the last clean glass plate in the cupboard and closed the wooden door. She neatly placed the cloth to dry around the oven's door handle. She goes to the laundry room, folded the last few pieces of clothing and packed it away. She felt the letter rustling in her pants pocket, she takes it out and looks at the folded edges her mind is running with ideas but why is she doing this to herself. She needs to put an end to this, she pulls out her phone, opens the letter and dials the phone.

"The person you tried to contact isn't available right now, please leave a message after the tone. *Beep*"

Kaya ends the call not leaving a message for the seductive devil she is chasing after. Kays sighs, folding the paper and pushing it down her pocket. After a few hours Kaya looks at the clock "16:55 PM" "Damn, is it that late!" Kaya thought to herself, did she enjoy this shift more than the other two, she did not even have her break.

Well she needs to go back to her hiding spot, she sighs, her eyes are heavy and she has  headaches from the black wig on her head. Her face feeling flakey of the makeup she is wearing, she feels the foundation peeling off each second passes. Kaya doesn't think for a minute and pulls off the wig, scratches her head and rubs her face, noticing her makeup is sticking on her hands.

She feels restless, pain and suffering but she must go on until, "Kaya?"

"Fuck!" She thought

She turns around covering the wig behind her with her legs and feet. "How the hell is she going to explain this to him?" Lucas standing across from Kaya looking her in the eyes, no emotions is shown she can't read his eyes like she used to. He walks towards her and gives her a tight hug. "What the actual fuck."

Kaya felt uncomfortable, the feeling of filth on her skin. She forced a smile on her face and pushed Lucas lightly away from her forcing him to notice that Kaya has her boundries and ground. "I've missed you so much!" Lucas notes

"Did you really? I have been gone for so long it felt like an eternity."

"Kaya don't be like that please… we both had our break from each other."

"That still doesn't cover the fact-"

"Cover the fact of what you decided to leave!"

"I HAD to Lucas! I am not so fucking lucky to call myself a lazy arse worker!"

"I have a job Kaya I don't slack off at any of my jobs!"

"You see Lucas this is why I accepted the offer to go on my work trip."

"A trip that lasted how many weeks?"

"That is besides the point!"

"Now Kaya tell me why are you so eager to get away from me! Have i ever abused you, manipulated or harassed you? No, no I didn't!"

"So you are calling me those things!"

"No!"

"Then what are you saying!?"

"I told you haven't done any of those to you!"

"And you called me those things!"

"Open you fucking ears Kaya, if you wanted to leave me so badly why didn't you already?"

"Because… because…" Kaya has to think for a little before she release the cat out of the bag. There isn't much things to say. "I can't!"

"Why not Kaya! You ran off to do your job! You left me and Alex alone! What the hell am I supposed to do in this situation? If you listen this would never happen!"

"You know what Lucas… FUCK YOU!"

"Is that supposed to be an insult?"

"No I am tired of this… i am so fucking done! Keep the house I will be somewhere else where you can't find me!"

"Where are you-"

"Fuck you Lucas keep the house!"

Kaya looks at Lucas, he is silent after she interrupts him. She walks away leaving out of the front door the wig on the ground, Lucas spots the wig and knows something was off. He takes his phone out of his pocket and dial a number.

"Hello my love." The woman answers

"Listen carefully, she is onto us!"

"Lucas, what do you mean?"

"Kaya she… she knows about us!"

"Ok but what should we do?"

"Get ready friday I will come pick you up ok so please be ready if I am going to get you."

"Ok."

"Thanks… bye"

Lucas ends the call and puts away his phone he bends down and grabs the wig off the floor. He looked at the prop and knew that Kaya was behind the full maid disguise. He takes the wig, opens the garbage and throws the prop in.

As for Kaya, she stood outside of her house, she couldn't anymore. She has to end this and quickly she has things to do and Friday is only hours away. She looks at her phone and opens the messenger app, types for Karina "Tomorrow 12pm at our usual spot."

Kaya has this in the bag the end feels near but she has leads to follow but before she goes about her assumptions she has to visit someone before ending this for all time.