~|home|~5

~|home|~

It was sunrise. I usually wake up around this time just to see it, been doing it since I was 8 and I still cant help to see it. I got up and walked out out hut to the edge where the water was. Neteyam sat down and put his feet in the water. It felt somewhat relaxing. Then my dad came over and sat next to me, we sat in silence which I didn't mind. Plus we were too tired to talk so he just looked down at the water. "Neteyam.." "yeah?"

"What do you dream about?" It was silent for a moment as I heard the slight waves. I thought for a second looking at the sunrise as it slowly came up. The ilu and fish swimming around with each other, the hunters laughing and getting along still getting fish. ".....Home" i didn't see him but i could feel him smile at me, i know he wanted to say me too but my ears went down as I started to remember what it was like to actually be home.

Flashback

Tey: 12
Kiri: 11
Lo'ak: 11
Tuk: 5

Our parents kicked us out the hut. It was either they were tired of us or grandma was coming over for one of our birthdays and ma didn't want us to see the gift since we have too many. It was definitely the first option, everyowas bore as we just laid down on the grass, "teyammm" tuk said crawling on me. "Hm?" "I'm bored" "me 2" "me 3" "okay?" I smiled already knowing what they're going ask for. "Story??" I sighed.

"Well i remember one that mom told me" "what's it about" "a boy-" lo'ak groaned. "Calm down it's not a love story. It's about a boy and another boy" "that's gay." Lo'ak raised his eyebrow. "What's that?" Tuk asked. "When two guys like each other" tuk made a very confused child face. "Woah- what if two girls-" Kiri just slapped lo'ak as I was trying to start the story. "It's not gay for one and stop teaching tuk this stuff.

"I should go get spider" lo'ak said getting up. "He's grounded" "why?" "He broke something for his oxygen so even if he wanted to come out he'd have to wake like 2 weeks." Kiri said rolling her eyes. I laid on my back in defeat and I heard two slaps, "let me big brother say his story" tuk said pouting as lo'ak rubbed both his cheeks. "Anyway" she pulled me to sit up and smiled as they sat down.

Story over

The (idk what they're called) were on flying down to us. I smiled as they hovered on my hand and tuk went up on lo'aks shoulders to touch them. "And the two boys came up to an agreement to split" I sat up and moved the two (🤷) away. "And never see each other again." Kiri smiled and tuk started clapping. "Thank you thank you" lo'ak was crying getting tuk off of him and Kiri was, idk. "Damn that was beautiful" my dad said walking in wiping his tears.

"Oh hi" lo'ak said wiping his tears as his voice cracked. "Uhmmm" "anyway" my dad blinked up dramaticly. "Time for lunch" i got up hype as me and tuk ran up to the hut. My dad smiled and watched us all run together.

Jakes pov:

I looked at the kids and smiled looking back the spot they were playing at. The two (🤷😭) came back flying next to each other.. "the end."

Flashback over

"Hm." He smiled looks like at me then getting up. "Hey neteyam!" Tsireya said walking over with her brother. "I didn't expect you to be up at this time" she smiled. "Yeah just me and my dad" he picked his head out waving then yelling for my siblings to get up. "Oh well me and my brother are ready to give you lessons and maybe show you around-" "correction she's showing you around" he said plucking her head. I nodded and got up. "One sec tho" I ran inside waking lo'ak up. "Wake up ur crush is waiting for you" he woke up widely and looked up at me. He wiped his face and got up.