Civil War Begins

Admiral Luke: Chairman, Sir! All fleets are reporting in. We are ready to commence the assault!

Chairman Zavala: Perfect. To all soldiers of the Galactic Federation, you will all embark on missions throughout the galaxy to counter the crusades our enemy has made! The enemy may be powerful but we are strong and we will do everything in our power to return our galaxy towards peace and to bring towards an end to the merciless war they have started.

Guardians: Sir Yes Sir!!!

Chairman Zavala: Now go and bring peace into the galaxy!!!

(Ships start to go to many parts of the galaxy)

Commander Hence: I sure hope we can take back the galaxy! With the invasion of Ethos Prime, we have been made vulnerable! Our enemies are still around and who knows when the next invasion could come.

Chairman Zavala: As do I, Commander. As do I.

GDC troops were sent to all corners of the galaxy to bring towards peace and stability. Many people heard the news and rejoiced but those who were fighting and killing them did not take it so lightly. Battles occurred all over making it hard for GDC forces. It was a very long civil war.

The first target in the campaign was Nessus. Once considered as an agricultural industrial planet and provider of the galaxy's food supply, it was capable of having only a single city center. When war broke out, community leaders began to send troops against each other. The Red Legion sent a scout detachment in order to gather resources for the Shadow Covenant and still maintain a presence but under the command of a new warlord who rose to power after hearing Dominius Ghaul's passing,

GDC troops landed at key posts all over the planet and began to launch small campaigns against the insurgents but ever since they go their military back to glory, it had been very hard recently.

The local AI, FailSafe was converted and modified to become a military system in order to aid troops in the field with the help of the Vanguard. Eliksni raiding parties often clashed with GDC troops and militias while Vex forces and small Red Legion holdouts were the main target.

Villages close within the capital had to be evacuated immediately as there were concerns amongst the locals of fearing the rise of civilian casualties. But even when evacuation was underway, there were huge chances of civilian ships being shot down by enemy fire.

Before the GDC was deployed to Nessus, there was a small number of planetary forces that tried to combat the situation but without the support of the Galactic Corps, it got harder for them either way. Large swathes of local raiders and insurgents captured most of the planet's infrastructure and began to mount defenses all across so that no one could get in or out.

While most of the insurgents had been arrested or captured, there were still some groups at large. The last major offensive on Nessus took place at the old mining center which was abandoned before the war began, the Red Legion captured it after they landed on the planet and turned it into a processing zone that mined a special mineral used in the production of laser guided missiles and munitions.

GDC troops landed on the old mines and launched a counter attack, the Red Legion troops there were unable to hold them off and soon surrendered. The Nessus campaign was over but the cleanup lasted for almost a long time as the war dragged on.

 The Nessus campaign was over but the cleanup lasted for almost a long time as the war dragged on