7. DISAPPEARED

°°°

          Back at the kingdom of Cenia, In the palace, four people sat at the long triangular table in the middle of the massive dining hall, which could seat twenty more people. Vased flowers and unlit candles adorned the table, while a massive, unlit chandelier hung above their heads. The hall had high ceilings and velvet curtains and large paintings hung on the walls. It was a gorgeous room with an enormous fireplace and several tall windows that let in plenty of light.

Servants were located at every corner of the dining room, their heads bowed.

James sat at the head of the table with his wife who was elegantly dressed in a red suede trail gown—she had her long silky blonde hair tied neatly in a bun, her hazel eyes shining brightly—on the chair at his right side, and his two daughters; Evonne sat on his left side while Annie sat beside her mother. 

Evonne; the strawberry blonde—beamed at The king, whose expression opposed her “Father, I'm glad that you are having lunch with us today.” Her fishtail braid was placed over her shoulder, and the green flowing gown she wore complimented the green crystal ornaments used to decorate her hair.

“Yes father, It's been a while since you ate with us, you're either too busy or too tired, we rarely even see you," Annie, the youngest princess added, pouting her little pink lips.

“Sometimes I wonder if he remembers that he has a family." Queen Isolde muttered as she used a fork to place a piece of meat into her mouth, sending a glare to her husband who acted like he didn't hear a word they uttered.

Scoffing, James shook his head and turned to his wife, “Oh, I do remember that I have a family and I also do remember that I have a Kingdom which I have to prevent from crumbling into nothing!" His voice raised at the end.

The Queen stared at her husband, a shocked expression mixed with anger on her flawless face, “Did you raise your voice at me?" she questioned, her lips which were painted a bright red twisted in anger.

James took a deep breath before turning to his wife, “There are more important matters I need to discuss with you."

“Like what? What could be more important than us talking about how you've been neglecting your duties as a father and husband?!" The Queen bellowed and the girls flinched, knowing that nothing good ever came out of their mother being angry.

“Yes! There's something a thousand times more important than that! Something like telling you that I discovered a way to save our kingdom!” He yelled back, having had enough of his wife's words.