S4 ━ Dubiety.

"From the very beginning, I had a strong feeling that something was off about her. Despite whatever excuses Naomi may have, my instincts were telling me the truth! It's become clear to me now that she's a spy working for Bonten." Naoto clenched his fists tightly, his mind preoccupied with trying to understand Naomi's motives.

"And you never once suspected her?" Naoto's eyes widened in anger as Akihiko struck a nerve, voicing the exact question that had been swirling around his own confused thoughts. Akihiko was absolutely right! How could he have been so blind as to not suspect a woman who conveniently disappeared every time he called for a meeting? Why had he failed to question her constant excuses whenever there was an urgent matter that required her attention?

Naoto realized with a pang of regret that he had been completely oblivious to her deceitful game. At this point, he has already suffered defeat in this twisted game, unless Naomi is willing to rectify the situation.

"We have insufficient proof to apprehend Bonten, but there is a single avenue through which we can dismantle Haruchiyo Akashi, who is also identified as Sanzu Haruchiyo," Akihiko articulated, his gaze penetrating the depths of his boss's eyes.

They intended to venture into Sanzu's abode to detain the person who held the utmost significance to him, thus commencing his imminent demise. Akihiko acknowledged the order from his boss, nodding in agreement. The sound of a forceful knock on the office door startled both men inside the room. Wondering what could be causing the disturbance, Naoto stood up from his chair and crossed his arms, an expression of curiosity and concern on his face. The urgency to understand the current situation grew stronger for Naoto, especially after the unsettling conversation he had with Naomi on the phone.

Suddenly, the room was filled with devastating news - the General and his team had been found dead on the farthest street of Shibuya. As if that was not enough, the culprit responsible for these brutal murders had already been identified. However, a new problem emerged - despite Y/n's twisted and cunning nature, she managed to defeat the initial team sent to apprehend her. Overwhelmed with the weight of this revelation, the lady in the room released a heavy sigh and directed her gaze downwards, absentmindedly scratching her skin.

"Please provide me with evidence of Y/n Hanemiya's criminal activities. We will apprehend her immediately in the place of Haruchiyo Akashi," demanded Naoto, clutching his suitcase. Approaching an elderly woman, he snatched the portfolio containing incriminating evidence against Y/n. Expressing gratitude towards the lady, he nodded before proceeding to exit the police station with Akihiko by his side.

"I am determined to put an end to her wretched existence," murmured Naoto to Akihiko while both of them settled inside the car. Interrupted by Naoto's forceful press on the brake pedal, Akihiko flinched in surprise.

"I want our team to follow us without delay, not just simply soon!" exclaimed Naoto, his hands tightly gripping the steering wheel as he shook his head despondently.

"I cannot afford to fail, Akihiko! I am undertaking this mission for the sake of my family and friends."

As the glow from the streetlights caressed Naoto's face, a sly grin slowly emerged on his lips. Observing this display, Akihiko reclined back in his seat and rolled his eyes in exasperation. Deep down, he knew his boss possessed astonishing levels of stupidity. Reflecting on the past, Akihiko realized that just last month, he could have easily eliminated the Bonten in an act of self-defense. Such action, if presented in court, would have been justified.

However, Naoto deliberately chose to forego this opportunity, and now he was left to suffer the repercussions of his foolishness. Amidst this chilling atmosphere, Naoto's eyes darted towards Akihiko, searching for a sign of loyalty in a man he had once considered his most trusted confidant. To his dismay, all he witnessed was an unmistakable trembling, a physical manifestation of fear. It was in this moment that Naoto slowly began extracting his firearm from the depths of his suitcase, inwardly mocking Akihiko's intelligence.