Devotion

"How?"

You saw Nai's frown deepen, and realised it was the first time you'd ever seen him hesitate. The thought made your chest tighten that much more with fear.

What if even he couldn't help you out of this? What if it was too late to reverse the process?

As tears crept back up at the corner of your eyes, Nai finally spoke.

"It's the opposite process than when you heal our sisters, you need to pull yourself away from the Higher Dimension-"

"But I never-"

"I'll guide you, Thess." His voice was clear and heavy, but spoken in a low tone that soothed you. "I won't let you leave like this again."

His last words, barely whispered to himself, had you pensive. However, the feeling was fleeting as the assertive urgency in his pale blue crystal eyes left you no room to question him or his methods at the moment.

And so, you simply nodded, your mind latching to the hope that Nai could stop you from disappearing if you listened to him.

"Good. Close your eyes. Concentrate." You did as told, trying to ignore the unsettling feeling of the man's large pale hands slightly phase through you as they hovered over your uppers arms.

With your eyelids tightly shut, you tried to rein in your mind over to the task at hand. However, between the unchained terror flooding your subconscious and the unfamiliar terrain you were trying to pull the spark inside of you to, you quickly began losing hope.

Panic was rising fast inside of you with every moment you struggled and failed to pull the usual spark shut. Exasperated and desperate, you opened your eyes, hoping Nai could give you more insight.

However, instead of the tall platinum blond twin you expected to stand before you, you found yourself in a sea of infinite white.

Blinking, you stared at the scenery in confusion. It felt familiar, and you briefly wondered if you were indeed back in that place.

Your answer came in much faster that expected, as a soft sound resounding in the white void made you turn around swiftly.

You gasped, your still humid eyes widening slightly as you recognized the young blond girl that was sobbing as she tightly hugged her knees a few feet from you.

Taking large strides, you hurried by her side.

"Hey, hey, what's going on?" You spoke gently as you kneeled next to the small child, your hand resting on her back.

Even with your efforts, the girl was still startled and you felt a pang of pain at the pure terror you found distorting the young girl's pale face.

You hated how you only met her once more just to see her hurting once more. You had failed at keeping her safe, and be it her teary clear blue eyes or the fact she had the same name as you, it made you feel all that more guilty. You wondered if she would even recognize you in her state.

Thankfully, it seems she quickly remembered you as she flung her frail arms around you the moment after.

"You're here!" She hid herself in your embrace, and you felt the deep tremors shaking her small body between her muffled cries. "Please, please, we have to get away! They're here to hurt us! I don't want to be here anymore! I don't want to be here anymore!"

"Who's here? No one can hurt you here."

"They can! If they can hurt you, they can hurt me! I don't want them to touch us anymore!" The small child was frantic and you struggled to follow her in her reasoning. Yet, you could not simply dismiss her next words. "I know, I-I shouldn't activate it, but I was just so scared- they hurt us again!"