The Trip of Death

'You lookin' to die like that?'

Your eyes snapped open at hearing a stranger's deep voice near you, darting around briefly before stopping on the figure of a man in a dark grey suit crouching a few feet from you.

Blinking a few times to replace yourself on the floor next to the control panel in one of the upper plant rooms, you cursed at yourself realizing you had fallen asleep. You bit your inner lip; how long had you been out? Had Knives sensed you asleep already?

You glared at the unknown man in front of you; had Knives sent him to bring you back so he could punish you? Or maybe the man himself was here to take care of it? You couldn't help but wonder as you noticed two large automatic guns on the floor next to him as well how his suit was threatening to tear at the seams in his current position from how muscular he was.

He was clearly not unfamiliar with violence, that was for sure. Especially with the creepy metallic prosthetic-like mask covering the left side of his face, giving him an even more unsettling look as it mimicked human bones.

'Damn, I only agreed to play fetch cuz I thought ya would be fun to fight with. Turns out you're just a brain washed dolly...Boring!'

You didn't answer the rambling man, unsure how to react to his casual confession that he was indeed here to use those guns on you. You kept staring at him, wondering if you could maybe replace him in your memories. Still, nothing came to mind.

He had whitish grey hair pulled back, even if looked unruly and spiking over his large shoulders that accentuated his tan skin. He looked bored, slouched over with his elbows on his knees in his crouching pose, his deep golden eyes seeming clouded.

'Can ya even speak?'

You jumped as he startled you when he flicked you in between your eyebrows. He had moved incredibly fast; you had barely seen it. The man huffed loudly, as if disappointed.

'Ya gotta not swallow the little pills they give you, ya know?'

You frowned slightly at his words, rubbing the sore spot on your forehead. The man in the suit ignored your confusion.

'Hide them here, then spit them out when they're not looking,' he simply continued, digging a finger in his mouth and pointing to the space between his gums and inner cheek.

'Unless ya enjoy the zombie life, stupid doll.'

His mood shifted when he noticed you still kept your mouth shut, his previous curiosity letting place to clear irritation. After glaring at you a moment, he got back to his feet, picking up his weapons as he did so.

'A fucking snooze fest,' he grumbled to himself, before turning towards the exit. 'Just get up and don't waste my time anymore...maybe I can bargain for a one-man mission in exchange for fetching this dultz?' He kept mumbling to himself, as if lost in thoughts.

You decided to get up, both to avoid triggering this tank of a man's mood but also because you felt in even more danger staying on the ground while he towered over you with his massive figure. He must have been as tall as Knives or Vash, and that simple height difference alone made you warry.

As you got up, you glanced at the control panel for the time. Damn it. You had slept for over two hours; Knives had definitely noticed.

The doors to the room sliding open brought back your attention towards that direction. The man had made his way to the entrance and was glaring at you over from the doorframe with a look of annoyance.

'C'mon, Spot, follow,' he coldly instructed as he started walking away.

It was at that moment you saw the large symbol on the back of his suit; an empty circle with three lines going up and down from it as well as one line on the right and left sides.