chapter seven

Friday 11th June
07:12 pm at Tannyhill Mansion

"I'm planning on getting very drunk tonight." Evelyn whispered to Lily on their way over to Tannyhill. She had already downed half a bottle of vodka and two white claws before they left. Topper was driving and he had a worried expression on his face, struggling to keep his eyes on the road.

"Me too, honestly." Lily whispered back to her so low that Topper couldn't hear it. Kelce, who was sitting besides Topper in the front of the car laughed at Lily's comment. He leaned back and eyed Lily, who was three years younger than him: "I'll look after you, Lil." He smirked before Topper grabbed the collar of his polo and yanked him back in his seat.
"What's up with my buddies fucking thirsting after my sisters nowadays?"

Evelyn sat up at Topper's comment."No one's thirsting after me, Top"

"Oh yeah, Cameron is." Topper exclaimed. "I'm watching you two fuckers tonight" he continued, pointing his finger in Klece's face. Lily and Evelyn broke into laughter, but Topper's comment stayed on Evelyn's mind. Had Rafe said anything about her? Why would Topper say he thirsted after her.

The house was already packed full when they got there. Most of the people were girls and they could only spot a few guys. Evelyn was wearing a black mini skirt and a sparkly top. She had figured since she was going to a big mansion and not the beach, her NY-outfits where a nice fit.

Ev felt eyes on her as they made their way into the house, to find drinks.
She had been dancing with Lily and Sarah for a while when the whole crowd started cheering and everyone turned to the stairs.

Wearing a white linen shirt and grey shorts. His hair parted down the middle framing his handsome face, Rafe stood at the top of the staricase. He was lifting a bottle of whiskey up in the air, and took a huge sip of it before he made his way down to the crowd of "fans". Evelyn snorted. The kook king had arrived.

A huge group of girls surrounded him as he sat down on the couch with the bottle on his lap. He looked drunk, but not high. Evelyn avoided looking in his direction, she was still struggling to get the images from the country club out of her mind. She continued to dance, the girls was grinding against each other and singing along to the music.

Suddenly Evelyn felt two hands around her waist, as a tall guy pulled her body onto his and starting swaying to the music. Evelyn leaned into it and rubbed her ass against him, as she took a quick look over at the couch were Rafe had been sitting, but he was gone. Evelyn felt one of the boy's arms wrap around her as the other reached up to push away her hair, revealing her bare neck. The boy bent down to kiss her neck when she was pulled away from him by someone who had a firm grip around her wrist. The person dragged her down the hallway and into a bedroom, she couldn't see who it was since her eyesight was clouded from all the alcohol.

"Ev, hey!" She recognised that voice and the inappropriate use of nicknames.

"What was that for?" She asked. Her eyesight was slowly becoming clear. She could see Rafe wandering around the room. He looked stressed.

"I did you a favor, that guy's a pouge and he reeks of weed."

"You smoke weed, asshole!" Evelyn yelled at him

"Guess it was my turn to cockblock you then." Rafe said and laughed at his own joke.

"Yeah, about that. How's your little girlfriend handling all the girls surrounding you all the time?" Evelyn tilted her head in a mocking way.

"She's not my girlfriend." Rafe mumbled.

"It sure looked like it at the country club the other day." Rafe didn't reply, he just rolled his eyes and changed the subject.
"Does Topper know?" He asked.

"Know about what?" Evelyn frowned.

"About your mom, and the drugs and what actually happened?"

Evelyn froze. "Did you tell him?" She asked nervously. Rafe hesitated to answer.

"I didn't, but I could." He smirked.

"Are you fucking blackmailing me?" Evelyn's clenched her jaw. The nerve of this man. He laughed. Evelyns expression softened as she remembered what Topper had ranted about on the car-ride over.

She walked over the Rafe and wrapped her arms around his neck as she pushed him up against the wall. Their faces were merely inches apart and she could feel his breathing lining up with hers.

Evelyn ran her hands down Rafe's chest and stared into his eyes. Beautiful dark blue eyes. He didn't hesitate to place his hands on her hips, pulling her closer to him.

They rested there for a while before Evelyn slowly leaned in and let her bottom lip brush across his jawline before she put her mouth close to his ear and whispered:
"Then I would have to tell him about this, about us."

Rafe's body tensed, but he didn't want to pull away just yet. Evelyn kept her mouth by his ear.

"He wouldn't like it, and I would hate to ruin things with you and- Miley was it?" She teased.

Rafe pulled on of his hands of her hip and grabbed her neck, turning them around so that Evelyn was now trapped between him and the wall.

"You think that shit is so funny, don't you?" Rafe's eyes were glued to her lips. Evelyn noticed and pouted them to kissed the air between them.

Rafe dropped his grip around her neck and before she knew it he was gone.
What the fuck was that?
Evelyn sat down on the bed, she needed a moment after what just happened.

Looking around her, it was definitely a boy's room. The sheets on the bed where navy blue, satin and there where football posters on the wall. The room was clean and organised. She walked over to the drawer by the windows. There were pictures of the Cameron-family. Rafe was in all of them. This must be his room. He had dragged her into his own bedroom and left her there.

On a shelf on the wall stood two big trophies, Evelyn read the plaque: "State championship 1st place 20/21", and by the trophy laid a yellow captain's tie. "Rafe was captain when they won state?" Evelyn mumbled to her self. "Two years in a row?" she continued when she noticed the other trophy and the same tie.

"Ev, what are you doing here?" Sarah was standing by the door with two drinks in her hands.

"Oh, sorry. I just- I didn't know Rafe was a good soccer player."

Sarah came over to her by the shelf. "He was, he received scholarships from multiple colleges to play soccer actually, but he turned them all down, for some reason."

"Wow, I didn't think he was captain material." Evelyn said and ran her fingers over the "C".

"You wouldn't think so, would you." Sarah chuckled. "He was kinda different before, like he cared about school and he trained a lot and cared for his teammates." Her face fell. "But then he started doing drugs at the end of high school, and now I've probably said to much."

"Lets get back" Evelyn broke the silence and grabbed one of the cups Sarah held. The two of them went back to the living room and sat down at the couch. Rafe was no where to be seen, but it didn't really matter.

She had had enough of his games tonight.