chapter one

Saturday 5th June
11:04 pm at Topper's house

Rafe put his half empty tequila bottle down on the messy kitchen counter. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, then he placed his big hands firmly on Millies waist and pulled her roughly towards him.

"You look so fucking hot tonight" he whispered in her ear as he slowly moved his hands up towards her chest. Millie blushed, she didn't know where to put her hands so she kept them resting on the counter behind her. She moaned as their lips collided, Rafe didn't hesitate to slide his tequila-soaked tongue down Millies throat.

This is the moment she had been waiting for all year, getting to kiss Rafe Cameron. She has had a crush on Rafe since freshman year and now he was all hers, finally. Completely forgetting that she didn't at all know what she was doing, she let her self get into Rafe's wet kiss.

"Come on, let's go upstairs" Rafe said as he broke from the kiss. Millie nodded slowly, she was getting nervous. She didn't want to tell Rafe that she was a virgin. He definitely wasn't. Rafe held onto her hand as they made their way through the crowd and up the stairs, heading for the bathroom.

When they reached the door Rafe opened it and peeked in. Millie stood behind him and wasn't able to see into the room, but she heard a female voice coming from inside.

"Oh shit-" Rafe said and dropped Millies hand. His touched still lingered on her skin.

"No, sorry it's my fault." The voice was smooth. "I didn't bother to lock". Millie leaned closer to Rafe to get a peak of the girl with the smooth voice. She had dark blonde hair flowing down her lean, uncovered shoulders and soft tanned skin. Her mouth revealed a pearl white smile when she saw Millie peaking through the door crack.
"Hi" she said looking at Millie with warm, kind eyes. "I was just leaving so you two can have the room" she continued, now looking at Rafe. He was staring at her, his pupils were almost bursting and his mouth was slightly open.

He didn't move, even when the girl motioned to walk past them and leave the room.

"No need" Rafes voice almost cracked. The hand he had held Millies with was now waving for her to leave. He kept his eyes on the girl with the pretty smile, she looked confused.

"Rafe-" Millie was also confused.

"I'll see you around, Mil" He said as he stepped into the bathroom and closed the door behind him, leaving Millie out in the hallway. Her heart sank in her chest. So much for her first kiss.

"I'm Rafe". He reached his hand out to shake hers. She hesitated, but eventually grabbed his hand. Chills creeped down his spine as her soft skin touched his.

"Evelyn" The girl smiled. "Sorry for cockblocking you, I was just fixing my hair and-"

"You didn't, that- that was nothing" Rafe replied in a hurry.
"Sure it was nothing to her?" Evelyn lowered her chin at Rafe and chuckled. He couldn't think about Millie right now.

"Topper didn't tell me he was hosting tonight" she continued. Rafe struggeled to get a word out to the girl standing in front of him. No one had ever made him this nervous before. Evelyn let out a little laugh when she noticed Rafe's nervousness. "Are you his friend or-?"

"Yeah, Topper's my friend" Rafe ran a hand through his hair, trying to hide his bright red cheeks. She nodded slowly as a response. Then she pulled a lip gloss out from the pocket of her flared jeans. Evelyn wasn't dressed for a party. She leaned towards the bathroom mirror, pouting her already glossy lips to apply more.

"Have you seen him tonight, I kinda need to talk to him" Evelyn put her lipgloss back in her pocket. Rafe followed the movements of her hands with his dark blue eyes. Her nails were painted pink and she had silver rings on four of her fingers.

"No, I haven't actually-" Rafe answered taking a step closer to Evelyn. "How- how do you know Top?"

"Im his half-sister. I've come to watch the house while our dad is gone" Evelyn reached down to pick up her bag and threw it over her shoulder in one motion. Her bag was purple and with the "NYU" logo and the "#10" on the side.

"Sister? Shit, why haven't I seen you before?" Rafe asked before his conversation with Evelyn was interrupted by a wasted Topper storming into the room.

"Ev, what the hell!" Topper threw out his arms, he was breathing heavy from running up the stairs. "When'd you get here?"

"Like five minutes ago" Evelyn replied seeming unbothered by Topper's yelling. "I was just asking Rafe where I could find you". The way his name rolled of her tongue made him never want to hear anyone else say it again. Just her.

"So whats going on, huh?" Topper was still yelling, he sounded upset. "You're not staying for long, are you?"

"I'm here for the summer, Top" Evelyn smiled and Toppers concerned expression softened into a huge smile as he rushed towards Evelyn and threw his arms around her. Evelyn hesitated before she let her self hug Topper back, after all she wasn't completely sure she would be staying the entire summer.

Rafe was slowly beginning to feel the tequila he had chugged earlier, he had to lean against the bathroom cabinet.

"What'd you do to Millie?" Topper had broken away from Evelyn's hug. He put his arm around Rafe to sturdy him up.

"What do you mean?" Rafe frowned.

"He told me you ditched her for a girl from NYU up in the bathroom, so I knew it had to Ev" he pointed to Evelyn, she was looking at Rafe with a disappointed look on her face. She tucked her hair behind her ears and adjusted her bag.

"She was like crying and shit, bro" Topper continued. Rafe was staring down at his feet, hands in the pockets of his black Levi's jeans. Fucking Millie.

"You know shes like in love with you, right?"

"Topper, why don't you show me where I can sleep?" Evelyn quickly changed the subject. Topper nodded and they both left the room.

"Shit" Rafe mumbled to himself and pounded the back of his head against the wall. Who the fuck is she?