𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆

"𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆"

(check the comments for link to the playlist)

𝒗𝒊𝒗

After school Leo and I walk to an abandoned building. It looks like a school, or what used to be. Leo grabs two flashlights from his bookbag and hands me one. We sneak through a side entrance. The inside is much better looking than the outside. It's relatively clean with a couple broken walls and doors. 

"How'd you find this place?"

"I was on a late-night walk and found it about a year ago."

"That's so cool."

"Thanks, watch your step." 

We walk a little more.  "Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

"You're not gonna kill me, right?"

"You caught me! No, you've taken the fun out of it." he says sarcastically. "Shut up!"

"You ready bug?" he stands in front of a door.

"Yeah."

He opens the door to a room about the size of a classroom. There are fairy lights and fake vines hung all over the room. On the floor there's one of those galaxy light projectors. In the middle of the room there's a fort with pillows and stuffed animals inside. He's smiling this huge smile and I'm smiling too. I'm about to cry, he did this for me. He worked on this and thought about me. I think I start to cry because there's no way it's raining inside. He wraps me into a hug. I start to cry even harder. 

"Why are you crying?"

"I've been so tired, and you-" my voice cracks. 

"It's ok, I know."

I force myself to let him go. 

"Thank you." I sniffle.

"Anytime, C'mon." He takes my hand and leads me into the fort. He taps a couple things on his phone and a speaker begins playing my playlist. I lay down and notice glow in the dark stars on the ceiling of the room. I feel like crying again.

"Don't cry."

"I'm not."

"Right." I can hear his smile.

"Why'd you do this for me?"

"You've seemed stressed and tired, so I wanted to do something for you. Plus, I wanted an excuse to see you out of school, just us."

"Thank you."

"Can I ask you something?" he says.

"Sure."

"What happened with you and Rome?"

"I was locked out of my house and my parents were out of town, so I slept over at his place."